Oil Change Service Centers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Feel free to put this under the stupid question of the day but wondering if anyone has recommendations on national chain oil change service centers (Grease Monkey, Valvoline, Firestone...)? I've always used an indie shop until they blew their oil tank all over my vehicle and I don't have time to sit at a dealer for hours. The reason I don't do it myself is my extended warranty requires oil changes be done by a "certified mechanic". Thanks!

US Toyota dealers typically have an express oil change service available. When I have just done the oil change done it usually takes 35-45 minutes.
That's what I thought when I went to Denver's largest Toyota dealer for my last change. 3 hours. I asked after an hour and the SA said nothing is that quick in service. One would think they would have a bay dedicated to oil changes, in and out 30-45 min tops. I'll look around at some other dealers or bite the bullet and go to this Amsoil dealer that I've heard good things about. Was hoping for an easy solution today. Thanks!

Take your 200 to these guys. 60 min for a basic oil change. I don’t visit dealers unless it’s for warranty work. B/S about the “Certified” mechanic. Who‘s telling you it has to be a Toyota dealer?

Thanks! No one is telling me it has to be a Toyota Service center, it just has to be a certified mechanic not a DIY. I'll take a look at the place you suggested. Thanks!

Ok. All the guys there are ASE certified. Pretty standard in the automotive world.

Thanks! No one is telling me it has to be a Toyota Service center, it just has to be a certified mechanic not a DIY. I'll take a look at the place you suggested. Thanks!
I may be wrong, but I think this claim is incorrect so long as the services were performed appropriately and documented.

That's what I thought when I went to Denver's largest Toyota dealer for my last change. 3 hours. I asked after an hour and the SA said nothing is that quick in service. One would think they would have a bay dedicated to oil changes, in and out 30-45 min tops. I'll look around at some other dealers or bite the bullet and go to this Amsoil dealer that I've heard good things about. Was hoping for an easy solution today. Thanks!
Groove Toyota in Littleton CO has two express lanes and with an appointment I have gotten in and out in less than an hour.

ALWAYS lock your glove box and keep the key blade with you when your 200 goes to the dealer. The only sure-fire way to make sure your recirc flap doesn't get broken.

Last edited:
The drive shafts need to be lubed when changing the oil.

Oh man. Buckle up. This is the single biggest fault of the 200 series - the process for changing the cabin filter and the lack of understanding of how by both owners and service techs. But it is a super easy process if you know and follow the steps. Key - always put the climate control on recirc before you try to change the cabin filter. A plastic / fabric bellows will move out of the way automatically, facilitating the change out. Forget to set to ‘recirc’ and there is a pretty good chance of damage. And it can be an expensive fix.

Don’t trust anyone else to know this.

Last edited:
From a quick read those are technically classified as "service contracts".

Edit: maybe, maybe not. Sounds like state law often defines the rules on extended warranties. I have to leave the house so can't read all of it but this seems like it has some answers: http://www.jtexconsumerlaw.com/V23N1/V23N1_ServiceWarranty.pdf
The MM Act governs OEM warranties, and even OEM extended (there are some nuances, but generally this is the rule). Third-party warranties are different and are not governed by the MMWA/FTC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom