Official ONSC Member Rigs Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yep, it's comfortable and quiet! i flew up to NJ and drove it back and was grinning ear to ear the whole time. i love it.
Nice rig! Did you do the slider and bumper install yourself? What sliders did you go with and were you able to keep the lights underneath?

Nice rig! Did you do the slider and bumper install yourself? What sliders did you go with and were you able to keep the lights underneath?
i had TEQ Customs in Raleigh do everything and they did a great job. the bumper is a huge pain in the ass to install (meant for a prado not a GX and the instructions reflect that). if i were to do it again, i would probably go with the victory strike bumper. it's almost double the cost of the ironman when you factor in shipping but it's meant for a GX. if you want an idea of the install, this is what we watched:

sliders are from RCI and they are a direct bolt on (Rock Sliders | 10-Present GX460 - RCI Off Road - https://rcimetalworks.com/product/rock-sliders-10-present-gx460/). did not retain my light but you should be able to reuse the harness if you go that path. you could also look at the victory sliders that have lights built into it:

i had TEQ Customs in Raleigh do everything and they did a great job. the bumper is a huge pain in the ass to install (meant for a prado not a GX and the instructions reflect that). if i were to do it again, i would probably go with the victory strike bumper. it's almost double the cost of the ironman when you factor in shipping but it's meant for a GX. if you want an idea of the install, this is what we watched:

sliders are from RCI and they are a direct bolt on (Rock Sliders | 10-Present GX460 - RCI Off Road - https://rcimetalworks.com/product/rock-sliders-10-present-gx460/). did not retain my light but you should be able to reuse the harness if you go that path. you could also look at the victory sliders that have lights built into it:

Well it looks like they did a great job! I heard that ironman bumper was a PITA to install. I've been looking at the Victory and also the CBI 'stealth' bumpers, I really like the look of this build. Also found that the Slee sliders are similar to the Victory and also have a lighting kit to restore the under truck lighting.

Hi all, just joined ONSC and am looking forward to meeting some of you at relic run next month. Here's my 60 and my recently restored Sears camping trailer. Should have both at the event. I'm in the Raleigh area, so will make it out to a monthly meeting sometime soon.

PXL_20230110_182933629.jpg

Hi all, just joined ONSC and am looking forward to meeting some of you at relic run next month. Here's my 60 and my recently restored Sears camping trailer. Should have both at the event. I'm in the Raleigh area, so will make it out to a monthly meeting sometime soon.

View attachment 3265386

Welcome! Raleigh monthly meetings are the first Wednesday of every month. Keep an eye out for the thread that will be posted a week ish ahead of time.

Welcome! Raleigh monthly meetings are the first Wednesday of every month. Keep an eye out for the thread that will be posted a week ish ahead of time.
Will do! Was good meeting you and Chris the other day. Got stuck late at work that following day, but should be able to make next month's meeting.

I've been out of the LC game for the last year in a half. I decided to jump back in and bought a 1989 HJ75 RHD Troopy. OME lift, front and rear lockers, M8000 winch, all the stuff needed to create some carnage on this beast.

View attachment 3276747
Sweet troppy.

No. He has oil to burn with the land rover people.
I've been out of the LC game for the last year in a half. I decided to jump back in and bought a 1989 HJ75 RHD Troopy. OME lift, front and rear lockers, M8000 winch, all the stuff needed to create some carnage on this beast.

View attachment 3276747

Nice to see you again, Sean! Carolina Relic Run is coming up...

First time land cruiser owner here.
'96 FZJ80 triple locked 161k miles.
Stock except for 2.5inch Dobinsons

Live in Greenville NC and look forward to coming to some events / meetings. I'm super new to all this so any pointers on how to find info etc is welcome.
Screenshot 2023-06-12 at 8.01.01 PM.png
lift with 33" Duratrac tires (not shown in pic)

She's a Beaut! Being in Greenville, I imagine you plan on taking your LC out to the OBX?
This forum and IHMUD offers plenty of info and there are lots of LC owners in this group that you can reach out to.

I'm building in Belmont, moving from CA in September. I'm just finishing the build on my 1979 BJ42 ('79 Frame/title as BJ40, body from a '76, 3B/H55 from a '85 BJ70, @Keith42 turbo). Did the build in southern Indiana home town and will be bringing it down this fall. Looking forward to doing some mild/medium trails.

I used parts on hand when I could. I do know about the bib being an early model and the extra driving lights being weird with the later combo turn signals/integrated driving lights. I'll find a later bib when I can and replace it. I did email a ONSC member who's parting one out about a candidate.

I just joined ONSC, but as mentioned above I won't be around till September.

Tim

BJ42 ready to go.jpg

Last edited:
I'm building in Belmont, moving from CA in September. I'm just finishing the build on my 1979 BJ42 ('79 Frame/title as BJ40, body from a '76, 3B/H55 from a '85 BJ70, @Keith42 turbo). Did the build in southern Indiana home town and will be bringing it down this fall. Looking forward to doing some mild/medium trails.

I used parts on hand when I could. I do know about the bib being an early model and the extra driving lights being weird with the later combo turn signals/integrated driving lights. I'll find a later bib when I can and replace it. I did email a ONSC member who's parting one out about a candidate.

I just joined ONSC, but as mentioned above I won't be around till September.

Tim

View attachment 3359605
Welcome, I’m in Belmont.

She's a Beaut! Being in Greenville, I imagine you plan on taking your LC out to the OBX?
This forum and IHMUD offers plenty of info and there are lots of LC owners in this group that you can reach out to.
Yes! I wanted to go this weekend but alas weather had other plans. I ended up doing a 5 day trip ending in West Virginia. Stumbled on bear wallow of the hatfield McCoy trail system. It’s like a ski resort for off roading! What a great time and I cannot believe how this LC handled everything I threw at it without even breaking a sweat

Yes! I wanted to go this weekend but alas weather had other plans. I ended up doing a 5 day trip ending in West Virginia. Stumbled on bear wallow of the hatfield McCoy trail system. It’s like a ski resort for off roading! What a great time and I cannot believe how this LC handled everything I threw at it without even breaking a sweat
You can drive cars on the HM trails? I've never seen a car on them and I've been probably 20+ times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom