Official LX570s Picture Thread (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A725A97B-25ED-4461-A099-254398CCB3B7.jpeg

šŸ· oink

6956625D-C942-4F94-9AC4-B4ED81DC9597.jpeg

Finally got these on.

Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT 285/75/17, 35psi
Alphaequipt Echo 17x8.5 +35

Removed mudflaps and it seems to articulate most of the way no issues. Need to push up the front a little bit and maybe trim the inside of the plastic from the sidestep but honestly it's really minor. Really happy with the ride and it's noticeably quieter so far than the lightly worn Nitto 420s tires the vehicle came with

Nothing exciting but here's a short self-made video...

This is as good as it gets when I'm by myself, stabilizing my iPhone 6 out the window with my noodle arm

Finally got these on.

Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT 285/75/17, 35psi
Alphaequipt Echo 17x8.5 +35

Removed mudflaps and it seems to articulate most of the way no issues. Need to push up the front a little bit and maybe trim the inside of the plastic from the sidestep but honestly it's really minor. Really happy with the ride and it's noticeably quieter so far than the lightly worn Nitto 420s tires the vehicle came with

Looks fantastic, @JohnnyBeagle. Exact tire, and tire size, I'm thinking of going with. You have sensor lift, right? Think the rub would be about the same without the sensor lift? I'm trying to find the ideal wheel/offset to get without spacers, to avoid as much rub as possible. Ideally I'd like to avoid the sensor lift and take care of any rubbing through the normal trimming, mudflap removal, and fender lining push forward, but imagine the sensor lift will be necessary anyway. I'm not sure which number in the +30 to +50 range is optimal for this.

Looks fantastic, @JohnnyBeagle. Exact tire, and tire size, I'm thinking of going with. You have sensor lift, right? Think the rub would be about the same without the sensor lift? I'm trying to find the ideal wheel/offset to get without spacers, to avoid as much rub as possible. Ideally I'd like to avoid the sensor lift and take care of any rubbing through the normal trimming, mudflap removal, and fender lining push forward, but imagine the sensor lift will be necessary anyway. I'm not sure which number in the +30 to +50 range is optimal for this.
You might get a tiny bit on the top of the wheel liner.

No sensor lift. I had an issue with the driver side corner sitting low and the dealer bled the AHC system several times and tested the accumulators and got it back to sitting within 1/4" side to side. I got it back yesterday and immediately put the wheels and tires on in my garage but didn't adjust the sensors. Drove it 60 miles today and it doesn't seem to have rubbed the top of the liner, and the only witness marks I see are on the front.

Gonna sensor lift tonight and adjust in techstream to see if I can get it closer to perfectly level. I'm really happy with the +35, I think it's about right for the LX

Edit: I had sensor lifted it before but put it back to stock after I couldn't fix the front left being low and the dealer left it at the factory height setting.

It's a common misconception but a sensor lift isn't really going to solve any problems. Your front wheels turn and cycle up and down. That tire needs to fit throughout it's entire range of travel. A sensor might fix your rub when the truck is perfectly straight and level but that's it.

A 285/75/17 is a very straight foreward fit especially on an LX. You'll need the right offset and to move some wheel liner out of the way but I promise it's not scary. That size is not going to rip your fender off. If you don't want to deal with those minor adjustments, a 285/70/17 is damn near bolt on.

So after driving it some more I did notice some fun while reversing. I meant to play with the fenders some today but I got tied up with setting up my four year old's mini birthday party for tomorrow

Guys, what is your essential upgrades for light offroad ?
I am only think changing tyres to KO2, anything should be upgraded and mods ?
I am not into changing the Front and rear bumpers on my first year of owning this tank =)

I think Iā€™m in a similar boat. My plan is/was AT tires on 17s and some recovery gear. Then start figuring out my camp site packing and truck storage. If you plan on carrying kayaks or canoes you may want to consider looking at the roof rack. I switched to a LC rack which gains you about 10ā€ of rack. Iā€™m not planning on rock crawling or mudding any time soon. My first off road purchase would probably be sliders.

Guys, what is your essential upgrades for light offroad ?
I am only think changing tyres to KO2, anything should be upgraded and mods ?
I am not into changing the Front and rear bumpers on my first year of owning this tank =)
I think Iā€™m in a similar boat. My plan is/was AT tires on 17s and some recovery gear. Then start figuring out my camp site packing and truck storage. If you plan on carrying kayaks or canoes you may want to consider looking at the roof rack. I switched to a LC rack which gains you about 10ā€ of rack. Iā€™m not planning on rock crawling or mudding any time soon. My first off road purchase would probably be sliders.

Nothing exciting but here's a short self-made video...

This is as good as it gets when I'm by myself, stabilizing my iPhone 6 out the window with my noodle arm

Close up of your Rock Warriors please. Removing the "beauty ring" ring is not a new idea, but from a distance your TRD's look awesome. I've had my rings turned down, but now thinking of removing entirely.

What did you do with the unused holes in the rim?

Close up of your Rock Warriors please. Removing the "beauty ring" ring is not a new idea, but from a distance your TRD's look awesome. I've had my rings turned down, but now thinking of removing entirely.

What did you do with the unused holes in the rim?

here you go...

B55345BA-EB54-4277-A816-7E5E4FDB6E62.jpeg

I pursued finding a set-screw like bolt for the holes but I didnā€™t have any success, so I left them open. We have some corrosion that can happen in Montana but not too severe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom