Official Keystone RC thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think most of the club rc nerds are out on the trails enjoying there creations in the wild but I have a question for you guys. I change out the factory wheels and tires for beadlocks and proline BFGoodrich Krawlers which are a sick combo. My question is the factory wheels were vented. I am skeptical to punch holes in these new tires so I have been running it all sealed up. Do you guys suggest I vent these tires or just leave as is.

I think most of the club rc nerds are out on the trails enjoying there creations in the wild but I have a question for you guys. I change out the factory wheels and tires for beadlocks and proline BFGoodrich Krawlers which are a sick combo. My question is the factory wheels were vented. I am skeptical to punch holes in these new tires so I have been running it all sealed up. Do you guys suggest I vent these tires or just leave as is.
There are 2 distinct camps, to vent and not to vent. I personally haven't vented mine.

My thought is if the wheels are sealed, then keep the water out. If not, the vent the tire, not the rim. Spin them fast to sling the water out. Apparently, matter what, the foams will eventually come apart because they never truly dry out.

Right. Stock rims are vented and mine get full of water after playing in the creek near my home.
I kinda wring my tires out when done, but I'm sure they're gross inside.

I do believe when the wheels are saturated the truck can crawl better, heavy wheels keeping it planted to the ground more betererer :D

I’m just going to leave em as is, seems to work pretty good.

Couldn't help myself...just pre-ordered it.

My esc went up in flames this morning. I plugged in the battery heard a sizzle saw a glow of things burning and smelt the electronics cook.

Any ideas what happened or what to replace it with?

I read good things about the hobbywing ESC. I have not used one.
Mine only let a little bit of smoke out.

I read good things about the hobbywing ESC. I have not used one.
Mine only let a little bit of smoke out.
My esc went up in flames this morning. I plugged in the battery heard a sizzle saw a glow of things burning and smelt the electronics cook.

Any ideas what happened or what to replace it with?
Hobywing seems to be good stuff rebranded, I like it. But, Traxxas' customer service is second to none. Call them up and they will issue a RMA number and either send you a new one or ask you to send yours in first.

It seems the hobbywing 1080 is a popular choice for brushed esc. I’m surprised my electronics are hanging in there on my rig with the aftermarket servo and a 2” bumper mounted light bar plugged into the receiver not to mention the factory head and tail lights wired into the esc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom