Official Keystone RC thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like both! But would rock the top set.

Found a really good wheeling spot near my house the point in longport.
643177A0-17AC-4CD1-9DCF-D4038F3B95CF.jpeg

PSA: don't drive your TRX in crawl mode in hi gear with the axles locked:
Input portal gear stripped. Big gear is fine. Off to the LHS in the AM to pick up some new ones.

IMG_20180831_231409.jpg

IMG_20180831_230057.jpg

I dig the blue light force on the bumper.

I dig the blue light force on the bumper.

The bumper is a pain in my a$$ so far. it gets tweaked and twisted easily and interferes with the tires and pushes the body up. I gotta design a better mounting system and it might need a trim as well.

Sweet!!

Took the honcho on it’s maiden wheeling weekend trip and it performed great! After setting up camp at RC we proceeded to get a solid buzz on. JJ was beat wheeled it for a bit then turned in leaving the adults the honcho! So after a solid session of IPAs we took the honcho all around the campground area finding cool rock gardens to wheel. Next day at Anthricite at lunch we busted it out again where jj totally dominated a giant coal mountain that I had trouble getting the rig up! One more session followed while Jeeper Pete changed his 37” K M2 that got a sidewall slice. Greg got to sample my handiwork and I got a feeling he was impressed by the smile on his face while he crawled through some nice anthracite rocks! Once back at camp Jj and I drive the honcho to the comp course where we got to climb some nice high traction walls. The comp course is sick for RC wheeling fellas! Unfortunately I didn’t get any pics.

Last edited:
Pulled the trigger on the Traxxas shocks from eBay $47 shipped for a set of 4. Pulled off my old ones and realized they had pretty much no oil left in them hence the floppy suspension. I took the springs off the axial shocks and swapped them onto the Traxxas shocks and installed them as is, they bolted right up no binding or any issues! These shocks are 1000x better than what I had! Not much run time yet I want to take it to the rocks in longport I will try and get some pics up.

I too am looking at a set of take-off shocks from eBay. I discovered I bent one of my lower shock mounts, where the plastic bit threads onto the shaft.
These shocks do require periodic maintenance and topping after several hours of run time. I've put about 10 batteries through mine and noticed the front was sagging. It needed about 3 drops of oil in each shock.

What weight shock oil did you use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom