Official Keystone RC thread (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Think I finally broke my venerable TRX4.
There is normally some sticktion in the suspension after the truck has been sitting, but, not like this....

Maybe a bent shock shaft, or dented shock body....

Don't have the time to invesigate untill after Theo's birthday party this weekend....

View attachment 1759050
These are supposed to be excellent shocks. They are supposedly rebuildable. Maybe you'll get lucky...

Just got back from taking it out on it's 1st real run. What a blast! I love the 2spd trans and the lockers! This thing will climb like a mofo.

No picks! It didn't happen!

So would someone on face book do me a favor? This user RC hard body.com makes plastic or usedan to make 1st gen 4runner bodies.

Could someone check and see if he still dose and what he charges.

So would someone on face book do me a favor? This user RC hard body.com makes plastic or usedan to make 1st gen 4runner bodies.

Could someone check and see if he still dose and what he charges.
Last post on FB was Dec 2012.

Got the Hilux body masked off.
IMG_20180805_202902.jpg

You do nice work. Mine looks like crap. Maybe since I had no idea what I was doing.
Thanks, we'll see how it turns out... Don't speak too soon. There are still ample opportunities for me to screw this up.

There must be a few, the one I found has Last post 2016, cover pictures is a 1st gen 4Runner, profile picture is an late 90s early 00s F350
I found killerhardbodyz, I think.

Is that the lexan? Should be smooth on the outside of the lexan.

Is that the lexan? Should be smooth on the outside of the lexan.

It's the inside of the lexan and I think it happened as a result of multiple issues. 1.high humidity 2.too little time between coats 3.these are the deeper sections of the body, meaning lots of turbulance from spray and 4. paint not warmed up

Looks cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom