Official For Sale/Trade/WTB/Free Thread (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnVee, will you be at the meeting?

JohnVee, will you be at the meeting?
This Wednesday, yes. January meeting is possible but unconfirmed. I’m hanging in Gainesville with my folks while they go through some long term medical junk. Possibly into April.

Also, I have some people in Roanoke that might be able to help facilitate a transfer depending on what it is.

We’ll talk Wednesday if you’re there.

I'll be there

I have an unused ARB roof rack that needs a home. Took it out of the shrink wrap to test fit it, unsuccessfully, on a 100. Been stored indoors at all times. ARB# 3800250. Looks like it’s for a FJC (as a half rack), 2005+ Tacoma 4 door, probably other makes/models. It’s 52Lx44W (narrow than the 49"W model for an 80). It would need some extension plates fabbed up to mount it on gutter mount trucks. No mounts included as I never ordered any.

Search by vehicle type here:
Vehicle Application Guides - ARB USA

$400

I can bring it up to NoVA in about a week when I return to Gainesville.

Last edited:
I've got a Console Vault for a 05-15 Tacoma. Never installed, keys included, will throw in a a Rago Fabrication relay holder as well. $230 for the both of 'em.
20181202_144542.jpg
20181202_144551.jpg
20181202_144527.jpg

Locked '97 LX450, Rough but Cheap

I bought this to swap the axles into Matt's unlocked '97 LX but he (and I) have decided we don't have the energy to tackle this job. It's more of a wheeler base than a DD with 34X,XXX miles. It runs and drives but I haven't driven it enough to say any more about it other than it also has the typical oil leaks. It has a cracked windshield, two rust holes on the hood, rust behind the rear driver's side door but otherwise rust free. The interior needs a thorough cleaning and the clear coat has the typical Cruiser problems. The price is $1,500.

SOLD!

Last edited:
Locked '97 LX450, Rough but Cheap

I bought this to swap the axles into Matt's unlocked '97 LX but he (and I) have decided we don't have the energy to tackle this job. It's more of a wheeler base than a DD with 34X,XXX miles. It runs and drives but I haven't driven it enough to say any more about it other than it also has the typical oil leaks. It has a cracked windshield, two rust holes on the hood, rust behind the rear driver's side door but otherwise rust free. The interior needs a thorough cleaning and the clear coat has the typical Cruiser problems. The price is $1,500.
@40LandCruising

Selling the 1994 FZJ80 which has been my wife's daily and has been in the family for 14 years. Jack, my father, bought with ~80k on it. It now has 250k. It is white and has lockers. I have not taken any photos yet, but in short, it is a solid truck that has never been wheeled, but needs some TLC. If we had not found Rhea a new vehicle before Christmas, we would have driven the 80 to Florida for the holidays. This would make a solid wheeling truck, and I would keep it if I didn't have vehicles coming out of my ears.

I eventually plan on listing it in the classifieds and Craigslist for $4,000, but will sell to a club member for $3,500.

The good:

- One-year-old set of Michelin LTX tires with ~13,000 miles on them.
- The body is pretty straight with a few minor dents. There is one dent about two inches long on a passenger door that is really only visible on an angle. There is a dent in the rear driver corner I made when I tried to chuck a softball in the rear cargo area. I missed.
- There is superficial rust, but no rot. The rear axle has surface rust. The seat belt mount in the driver-rear wheel well looks like it has rust through the undercoating. It needs to be addressed. The passenger-rear door has a little surface rust on the bottom, but is very negligible.
- The paint is not bad considering the mileage. I think it would really shine with a buffing which it has never received. There is a circle on the hood about 4 inches in diameter that has mild oxidation, but it doesn't look bad when waxed and could benefit from buffing.
- New catalytic converter and downpipe at 243k
- New A/C compressor and new drive belts at 241k
- New spark plugs, rotor, distributor cap, and PCV valve at 231k
- Rebuilt front axle at 218k with Terrain Tamer kit
- New OEM brake rotors at 199k
- New A/C evaporator and dryer at 198k
- New EGR modulator and EGR VSV at 194K
- New head gasket, decked head, radiator, radiator hoses, injector o-rings, vacuum hosing under plenum, and valve seals at 177k
- LED interior lights
- Bilstein shocks
- New factory antenna and motor
- Replaced gas shocks for lift gate
- Stainless exhaust system
- Distributor o-ring has been replaced
- All heater hoses have been replaced at some point
- Speedometer gear o-ring has been replaced
- All of the window channels have been replaced.
- The original owner had an antenna installed on the roof. The mount is still there and the antenna cable is coiled in the driver side cargo storage area.
- 12 volt panel with switch, 12-volt receptacle, 2 USB ports, and voltmeter installed in rear cargo area for refrigerator.
- Bluetooth enabled Pioneer head unit with microphone installed for phone use.
- Grateful Dead sticker included.

The bad:

- The lockers don't lock, but I plan on addressing this before I put it on Craigslist.
- The engine leaks oil, almost definitely from the oil pump. Not bad enough to drip on the ground or top off often.
- I think one of the slider pins on a front caliper is frozen. Definitely needs to be addressed.
- The leather upholstery for the front seats is shot.
- The hard lines for the rear heater rusted through and they have been bypassed, so no rear heat.
- The ECT button does not work.
- The front seats do not move forward or backward. They need that plastic gear that always goes AWOL. I have replaced them once already--they might be under the seats on the carpet now!
- The driver's seat button for seat angle has snapped off.
- The original owner dropped $2,000 on a stereo system in late 90s. Very nice, Alpine equipment and other high quality items including two amps, tweeters in the doors, and a sub woofer. When I replaced the head unit several years ago, my sub-par audio skills would not allow me to run the amps etc. I am sure they are still functional, but if someone were to upgrade the system there is already some very nice equipment in there ready to go.
- The rear door lock will not work with the key, but does electronically.
- The passenger rear door does not work electronically, but does mechanically.
- The receiver hitch is horribly rusted and needs to be replaced. I have a replacement that I will include.
- The wheels I would give a 5/10. They could stand to be refinished.

very interested..... (want a broke down Jeep) LOL... But still very interested.

Oh, and.... 1st in line..........:bounce::bounce2:

Will have to bow out. Son wants to keep his jeep.....:bang:

"Parents (Kids) Just don't understand" ---- in my best Will Smith

Selling the 1994 FZJ80

I'm interested. Can you send me some pics?

I might want to grab this for my daughter, she'll be driving in about a year or so.

EDIT: ...and she LOVES Land Cruisers!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom