Official Camping Trip Report Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome Andy great pics. Salida is a cool town, I had a buddy move there from Ar. So I’ve spent a little time there. Man I miss the lake city, Ouray area I need to get back. Thanks for the write up, where did the trailer go ?

Thx Dave. Yeah i really likes Salida. Definitely not like small towns here.

Sold the trailer and everything bolted to it to a guy in TX. Went pretty quick.

@ntsaint you left out the best pics and video of the whole trip.

@ntsaint you left out the best pics and video of the whole trip.

s***. Yeah i did. I started the pics in CO and forgot to include all the Texas awesomeness that happened beforehand courtesy of @Fireman

And he’s right it was the best part...

On our way up to Amarillo we stopped in Wichita Falls to see David and fam. David was working that day so we stopped by the fire station. Kids and adults had a ball. David gave us a tour of the fire station, let the kids play with the truck hoses, and then took us for a ride in the truck. Pretty sure i had as big a time as the kids.

Was an awesome time David, thanks man.

93774362-98C7-4078-AA2F-3FEF238A3596.jpeg
1C27AB80-88A5-46D3-8833-842958691826.jpeg
56D12B7A-58AB-4E1A-BFD3-107F4BF5FC05.jpeg
B0AFE80A-A727-405A-A481-6E075E7D69C1.jpeg

Fireman can drive the truck? I didn't think they let him drive anymore??

I’ll throw a day trip in... a friend of mine saw a pic on a “overland” site of a cool camp/swimming hole and asked the guy about it. Well the overlander was tight lipped , which I don’t blame him for a bit. But this started a search using sat images and anything else we could come up with.. here is the posted pics..
D3FDFFE8-0B88-4B35-907A-DA658190CCE0.jpeg
21DD6371-2FD8-4368-B164-85E96D245C86.jpeg

My buddy is worse than I am about staying on something until he gets it done, here is a couple possibilities we came up with
3EA2A412-A153-4712-819B-1254795EEAEF.png
47A1F4AE-A22E-4F32-8D67-C661D58AEB08.png

He finally located what he thought might be it on a hiking site.. so we researched it the best we could and I being a slacker retired guy was deployed to check it out. It was quite a ways north so I picked some dirt I haven’t been on before and headed that way..I stopped off at Oark to top off my tank, I couldn’t remember when they opened and apparently was a little early at 7:30 am. But the cook was a guy I bs with at times when I’m in there and was getting biscuits ready for thier excellent breakfast.
FF1FD02C-AF48-453D-8CBF-FAEA20866B69.jpeg
So he was nice enough to let me get fuel and asked what I was up to.. I told him I was in search of a bluehole about 20 miles north of there.

He knew of it from a recent 4 wheeler ride but cautioned me that the last couple miles of the road were “pretty knarly” and that I may have problems. I confirmed the location with him a i struck out. Looking back I should have stayed for breakfast. Knowing in the “overlanders” pic there was a trailer shown , so crap it can’t be that bad. After running another hours worth of good dirt I located the turn Into where we figured the bluehole was.. the road kept dropping and getting more washed out but still no big deal. I love having 2 wheel low. So after a mile or so the track I had payed out and showed me getting close ,but a road I had planned to try and take out was non existent so I kinda questioned if I had the proper road. I stayed the course and finally hit level ground and had a creek to my left
77859726-DD62-4A12-A9DC-637F48C70435.jpeg
4548C359-20DB-45C7-BBB3-4EE8BB9A3510.jpeg
D8C737BA-3A61-4F24-A8FF-AA1846C5DBDB.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m kinda dragging this out because it’s just a short day trip and I haven’t contributed much lately ..

It’s funny, i love sharing places with friends , and I’m always preaching about not posting coordinates to good spots on the dang internet and here I am along with a friend doing hours of research then me spending a day to locate one he spotted in a posted pic. Heck it’s not even that great of a spot and with limited camping . I’m sure earlier in the spring with better water in would be a lot better. Anyway, I spent a hour or so there and rolled back home via as much dirt as I could. I guess the lesson is not to post crap unless you don’t mind scoundrels finding it . Anyone who knows me knows I’m about as non tech as they come. My buddy though is a real tech guy and was talking about metadata stuff where you can get gps coordinates off a phone pic and such things..even though he wasn’t able to pull that data off this pic. I was lost on that but have learned a lesson about taking phone pics and posting them. Lol Sorry it was a lame trip report , hopefully I’ll have something better in a couple months after Utah

Last edited:
Reactions: JTU
Funny. That guy sent me the route. I did not know you had to go through all that.

I blame Andy.
this guy ? he’s a pretty cool guy
5B1BE4F8-4465-4537-A6B2-A4D4CA98CBB7.jpeg

Last edited:
And what looked like a pipe bomb..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom