Official 37" and up picture thread (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

like a lot of people here you can look for the fj cruiser/4-runner alloy, tundra split spoke alloy like mine and the fj steel wheels. i beleive all of the suggested will require spacers. but they are usually a cheaper option for 17's.

Don't * require spacers unless you want to regain stock track width. I've run sequoias 4runners and FJC steelies without issue for many years. Scrubs the rear frame rail when stuffed but no big deal to me.

I was planning on 17" wheels and 37's until Jason (jfz80) and others in the local club talked about how much better the Cruiser drove with 35's. I have a set of 17" Tundra split spokes sitting in my garage collecting dust. I don't know the weight of the 37" STT Pro but the 315 is only 68lbs. Compare that with 74lbs for either the Nitto Trail or Toyo MT. The Toyo RT in 35x12.5 is 75lbs but the 37.5x12.5 is 76lbs.

I was planning on 17" wheels and 37's until Jason (jfz80) and others in the local club talked about how much better the Cruiser drove with 35's. I have a set of 17" Tundra split spokes sitting in my garage collecting dust. I don't know the weight of the 37" STT Pro but the 315 is only 68lbs. Compare that with 74lbs for either the Nitto Trail or Toyo MT. The Toyo RT in 35x12.5 is 75lbs but the 37.5x12.5 is 76lbs.

i think the 37s drive great and i am coming from 315 duratracs. maybe they dont have correct gearing for 37's but with 5.29s i love em!

Don't * require spacers unless you want to regain stock track width. I've run sequoias 4runners and FJC steelies without issue for many years. Scrubs the rear frame rail when stuffed but no big deal to me.

i wasn't actually aware they would work with out spacers i thought there would be major rubbing in the front while turning, good to know.

That's pretty much the reason for my comment about drivability. With a set of 4.88s installed I'd be glad to run around on the 37s. It was never all that bad, more just noticeably refreshing to drive each time I swapped back to 35s

i wasn't actually aware they would work with out spacers i thought there would be major rubbing in the front while turning, good to know.

At full steering lock the tips of the lugs would rub the control arm just barely. A lil brrrrp but it was right at the end of steering range with no real pressure on the contact spot. Mostly the iroks cause of 13.5" width and the coopers too when new with crazy deep tread blocks. Falken and BFG ATs cleared with ease.

After reading some reviews, I decided to jump on the STT Pro bandwagon. Just ordered 37x12.50-17 with 17x9 -64 Pro Comp Series 51 wheels. They should be here next week. Thinking about adding rock rings. All goes well, I'll be testing them out in the snow, Valentine's weekend!

After reading some reviews, I decided to jump on the STT Pro bandwagon. Just ordered 37x12.50-17 with 17x9 -64 Pro Comp Series 51 wheels. They should be here next week. Thinking about adding rock rings. All goes well, I'll be testing them out in the snow, Valentine's weekend!

i dont think they are too bad in the snow i saw some slippage the other night during our big storm here in CO but i was just pushing it to see how the tires handled, i honestly think the duratracs i previously had would have slipped aswell. they also are not too loud which is nice!

Finally made the jump and can join the thread.

39.5x13.5R17 bias iroks
Slee 4" lift kit
Rock monster double beadlocks

I've trimmed all that can be trimmed without replacing the entire inner fender and still rub a bit at full stuff. The Slee kit comes with 2" bump stop spacers but I need 1-2" more. Anybody sell bigger than 2" or do I need to fab something up? Double stack 2x2"?

image.jpeg

You could probably talk to @Hitit66 and see if he could make you a bigger set?

Since then, I've had the truck out to RC twice, and Wharton once. I get a bit of rear wheel well rubbing when crossed up, and another rub on occasion that I haven't located yet. Also turned the steering stops to stop rubbing of the radius arms. For low buck approach, I am quite happy.

Was out a RC two weekends ago. They still have a lot of snow on the trails, and it got up to 50* that afternoon. So it was a sloppy affair. We kept on the green and blue trails, but I made a wrong turn and ended up on a blue-black at one point. The truck did fine, though I kissed the rockers just enough to take off paint but not bend them up. Sliders are next on the list.

No spacers, just the 3" body lift and some careful trimming. Going to see how it does this weekend at Rausch Creek.

Shipping was delayed, but they're here. I really need to go hit some trails!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom