Official 37" and up picture thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can play. 365/75R16's

CGy1iZ_25rnlKi6iU43Scchn7EeFWzi7VmhTE2-c_9vq=w1303-h964-no

On stock wheels too. Are you running spacers?

Slee 6", toyo 37x13.50r17, 4.5" bs steelies. Adding maf spacers to the front in the morning. No trimming yet, rear rubs, more droop should help it stuff into the wheel well better, and i need to trim the tin where the mudflaps came off, rubbing a bit
FB_IMG_1437726260632.jpg

No spacers, just the 3" body lift and some careful trimming. Going to see how it does this weekend at Rausch Creek.

On stock wheels too. Are you running spacers?

image.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg

1997 LX. J's in front with 1" MAF spacer, 863's in rear. 1.5" wheel spacers. 37x12.5x17 Goodyear MTR with Kevlar on FJC rims.
Big thanks to Akarilo.

Last edited:
teamnitro_lc80_4-jpg.1127617
teamnitro_lc80-jpg.1127618
20141020_144613-jpg.1127620
20141020_145752-jpg.1127621
fullsizerender-jpg.1127622
teamnitro_lc80-jpg.1127618

teamnitro_lc80_4-jpg.1127617

20141015_154058-jpg.1127624

One of our rep's known as "Murph" built this 1997 FZJ80 as his first land cruiser project. The goal was something that could wheel, as well as commute. We wanted to take a bit different of an approach by keeping the suspension at standard 2.5" OME spring height so we could retain driveline angles, COG, driveability etc. We also wanted to run big tires, so we took off the flares to see what kind of cutting we could do while keeping it looking good. We also wanted to use all off-the shelf parts that we sell.

1997 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 40th Anniversery edition
-37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on Hutchinson Rockmonster double beadlocks
-Nitro Gear 5.29 Ratio Ring & Pinions, all new bearings, knuckles overhauled, wheel bearings, etc
-ARB Air Locker Front, OEM JDM LSD Rear, ARB CKMA12 On board Compressor and Tire inflation kit
-Custom fender trimming utilizing OEM flares to clear 37's with low lift height
-Custom suspension kit with 2.5" Old Man Emu Coil Springs (2850/2863), caster bushings, Icon 2.0" diameter Aluminum body internal reservoir shocks, swaybar drops, bumpstops dropped.
-ARB Winch bumper, Milemarker Winch

Bump.
I know there are a lot more of you running 37s.
Don't be shy!
Don't forget the specs, lift, tires, BS, gears etc...
As this thread has progressed, it seems lift size is getting lower.

A 3 to 4 inch lift with 3.5 to 4 inch wheel backspace seems to be the sweat spot.

My old pic shows my Nittos but they wore out in 55000 miles, so just imagine them being Cooper STTs. I'm too lazy to repost for the change.

LT345/75R16 T/A KM2 I have a J up front, running 860 rear. Nitro 5.29 ARB-RD 132 front and RD 142 rear Air Lockers. I used all toyota cases bearings seals and flanges for assembly. Metal Tech Plates up front.
DSC06933_zpsvdioznok.jpg
DSC06931_zpsvj1f2utt.jpg

Last edited:
That's one beautiful looking rig!

Sent from my iPad
I had to pull her out In the rain because we were putting an exhaust on a Lexus and snapped a couple shots. You wont see me out till the snow and salt are gone now. :( Hope to have It ready for a couple shows by Spring. Thank you very much. :)

Most of us around here with this setup just trimmed the rear of the flairs and extended the bumps. Not sure if his is the same. Too many rigs with this combo .

Last edited:
have you trimmed at all? or did you extend the bump stops?

No trimming, his bump stops still need to be extended a little because the front rubs a bit more than it should.

Bump.
I know there are a lot more of you running 37s.
Don't be shy!
Don't forget the specs, lift, tires, BS, gears etc...
As this thread has progressed, it seems lift size is getting lower.

A 3 to 4 inch lift with 3.5 to 4 inch wheel backspace seems to be the sweat spot.

4" lift with stock backspacing (4.5" I think it is?) and it stuffs nice with just a tad bit of rubbing on the rear bumper.

esCKXfQh.jpg

Just went from 37 Nittos Mud Grapplers to 38 TSLs. Also did a little fender trimming. I absolutely love it. The window sill is at about my shoulder
View attachment 878941
Don't ya hate that ? You take them out to the trails so they have some fun and they decide to lay down on their side and take a nap. 80s have a mind of their own !! The 38 TSLs look FANNN TASTIC Though !!! LOL :)

my 37x12.5R17 Cooper STT Pro's just came in, should have them mounted tomorrow.....cant wait! will post some pictures when they are on!

edit: teaser

Last edited:
my 37x12.5R17 Cooper STT Pro's just came in, should have them mounted tomorrow.....cant wait! will post some pictures when they are on!

Isn't it just Awesome to be so excited about something like new tires that you just can't stop yourself for just one more day from telling everyone in the whole world about your new tires.:bounce::clap:
Looking forward to seeing the 1st set of 37" STT Pros on a 80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom