TLCA Official 2021 Rubithon Pryor's Wagon Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BUMP.

Anyone getting stoked yet? About a month away. :)

See you all Weds morning. I'll be hiking to Loon from Buck in the AM.

:cheers:
“Yet”???

I’ve been getting stoked since the last Wagon Run! I think last night I ran the whole trail in my head!

Super stoked you’re coming, super stoked you’re helping the Wagon Run this year!

Getting fired up is a bit of an understatement. Myself and my wife Jen @razzoo are watching old Rubithon videos tonight. Just ordered HD rear drag links as Sand Hollow in Hurricane took what was left of my stock ones and my Radflo shocks shipped last week. We are currently near Fresno for May and plan to move over to Reno the first week in June and serious prep will begin... We will take a scouting trip to Tahoe if we can get a free weekend prior to the wagon run...

Very much looking forward to connecting and meeting new folks int eh cruiser community.

Slight change in plans for us. We changed RV parks and will be lodging in Placerville for the month of June. Would love to connect with fellow wagon run attendees in June...

Everyone's that part of the 2021 Rubithon Wagon run just received an email from me. Please read it carefully. Thanks! (PFA)

IMG_0460.JPG

Thanks, and thanks for answering my questions via email. One quick question for the group, non-cruiser related. Considering what to pack for the trip, space is tight so every bit counts. I have a choice to make....

Pack the guitar? or put possible life saving equipment in its place? If there are other players I was thinking of bringing the old 6 string along... I mean, whats a campfire without a little Cash, Hag and Jennings...

Thanks, and thanks for answering my questions via email. One quick question for the group, non-cruiser related. Considering what to pack for the trip, space is tight so every bit counts. I have a choice to make....

Pack the guitar? or put possible life saving equipment in its place? If there are other players I was thinking of bringing the old 6 string along... I mean, whats a campfire without a little Cash, Hag and Jennings...
Sounds really nice, but there probably won’t be any camp fires. Fire restrictions are already going up in places in NV, and while I haven’t looked at the forest service website today, chances are good that if they are not there already they will be by the time of the run.

Obligatory pre Rubithon wrenching project. This time its a transfer case rear output shaft seal. Much easier without a viscous coupler. Otherwise truck is good to go.

Me and @lelandEOD are looking forward to this! The last time I had the 80 out on a real trail was Cruise Moab 2019. See you all soon!

51227513041_dc771d9767_c.jpg

Obligatory pre Rubithon wrenching project. This time its a transfer case rear output shaft seal. Much easier without a viscous coupler. Otherwise truck is good to go.

Me and @lelandEOD are looking forward to this! The last time I had the 80 out on a real trail was Cruise Moab 2019. See you all soon!

51227513041_dc771d9767_c.jpg
That jack stand on the far side ...

Getting PUMPED, Looking forward to meeting up with other Mud members and like minded Cruiser Heads
Last minute prep under way
1623851662111.png

New DC front DS
1623851729737.png

Some extra trimming
1623851797648.png
Lets Wheel;)
I well be arriving Tuesday camping at loon, Stop in and introduce your self and enjoy a cold beverage on me!!

@Broski Nice Broski! Getting my drive side tore down today!

Dam AC pulley nut stripped. Anyone have any tips getting this off? Trying to stay off the heat so I dont roach the pulley/bearings.

Question for folks: Rear sway bar... you guys leave yours on or do you take it off? Debating it given we about a 2hr drive to start and finish and remember reading some dont really notice a difference.

My daughter and I got a room at Ice House Tues night to shorten the trip Wed morning. Hoping she drives a bunch! We will be in a black 80.

Last edited:
So. Question for anyone in the know .

The place where we normally put our trailer ( exit because of construction ) is not going to be available. Where else can we put a trailer out there ?

Dam AC pulley nut stripped. Anyone have any tips getting this off? Trying to stay off the heat so I dont roach the pulley/bearings.

Question for folks: Rear sway bar... you guys leave yours on or do you take it off? Debating it given we about a 2hr drive to start and finish and remember reading some dont really notice a difference.

My daughter and I got a room at Ice House Tues night to shorten the trip Wed morning. Hoping she drives a bunch! We will be in a black 80.
If you're driving to the trail and you're hopping to have your daughter driving, I would say leave the sway bar on.

Last edited:

@dtrain The rear sway bar is optional for the trail. If you leave it on there’s a HIGH probability that you will damage it or the links/mounts at their connection to the axle and frame. If you’re staying at icehouse I’d just take it off when you get there. As long as you know you’ll have some more body roll and drive appropriately it’s not an issue. I’ve got a longer drive and both me in my 60 and my son in his 80 will be sway bar-less.

I HIGHLY recommend removal of the front sway bar on the 80’s. Failure takes out brake lines. It happened to an 80 on an easy Club run just a few weeks ago.

So. Question for anyone in the know .

The place where we normally put our trailer ( exit because of construction ) is not going to be available. Where else can we put a trailer out there ?
@krzyabncanuck I would post this up on the main Rubithon page. I have heard that people have looked at that and there is less room for trailers.

Last Minute shenanigans done, ready to rock !!
1623937467195.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom