OEM Soft Door Handles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I posted this question in another thread, but it may be too deep. I am installing OEM Soft doors on my personal 1965 FJ40. The handles I have look different than what I can make out in other distant photos. I have keyed lockable handles and the inside looks a bit homebrew. I was hoping someone could post up a couple photos of the outside and inside handle, including one from inside when the door is closed.

Thanks in Advance

Don

pics...any good?

post up what you have on your truck
door johnnyc.jpg
door 2 johnnyc.jpg

Johnnyc

My handles are totally different. I don't have the doors mounted yet. I just painted them and they are disassembled. But, I will take a couple of shots of the handles. The outside is chrome, with a key in the center. The inside looks a bit homebrew to me.

Do you handles latch against anything on the inside or just the door pillar.

Don

Here ya go:

IMG_20110925_202022.jpg

Outside

IMG_20110925_202102.jpg

And inside with the door closed. They latch against the upright for the soft top B pillar hoop like so:

IMG_20110925_202909.jpg

:cheers:

i like your idea of the tube around the striker....do you remember the size tubing it was?

I can't remember for sure. I can look to see if any numbers are on it when I get home from work today. I want to say 7/8", but don't quote me. I just took a handle to the hardware store and found some vinyl tubing that was a tight fit. Went home, heated up the tubing and slipped it on. It works good.

:cheers:

I'll give that a try...good idea...and thanks for the heating up tip...very helpful on all.

Mine have worn so much that its almost thru the sheet metal on the bow :rolleyes:

I thought of diping them....but didnt think it would last...and it would be permanently on the rest...yours is a great idea.

I think i had heard it before...maybe even from you...I got to get on it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom