OEM Shock Replacement 2008 w/KDSS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I just received a set of Eibach Pro-Truck shocks to replace the electronic oem shocks.
My plan is to use about half of the front strut adjustment hopefully getting about 1.25” lift with the original springs. I want to keep the air springs for towing and a straight swap of the rear shocks.
2 questions:
-Will I get warning lights on the dashboard? And what can I do about that?
-Is there any else I need to do to accommodate the minor front lift? Diff drop? Anything for the KDSS?
Thanks in advance.

You won’t get any warning lights. Just tape off the electrical connectors that go to the factory shocks.

For 1.25 you don’t need to do anything at all, KDSS is pretty tolerant of mild lifts and usually won’t even create lean. You may wear the bushings for the sway bar at the control arm a bit faster, but they’re cheap and probably ready to be replaced anyways.

So I just received a set of Eibach Pro-Truck shocks to replace the electronic oem shocks.
My plan is to use about half of the front strut adjustment hopefully getting about 1.25” lift with the original springs. I want to keep the air springs for towing and a straight swap of the rear shocks.
2 questions:
-Will I get warning lights on the dashboard? And what can I do about that?
-Is there any else I need to do to accommodate the minor front lift? Diff drop? Anything for the KDSS?
Thanks in advance.
No dashboard lights when replacing shocks only and leaving the rear air bags.

If you get a reverse rake where the front is taller than the rear due to the 1.25” front lift, then research trick the rear airbags to lift them a little.

There’s a few posts on tricking the airbags. Here’s one post Builds - Homer's 2003 GX470 Build - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/homers-2003-gx470-build.1054832/page-5

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies.
So I had the Eibach Pro-Truck struts/shocks installed a couple of days ago and really like the ride. Much improved from the oem electronic shocks. Somehow I ended up with 1.7” front lift. A little bit of reverse rake but it looks good, but I now have a approx .7” lean due to the KDSS.
What would be the easiest way to correct this issue?

Thanks for your replies.
So I had the Eibach Pro-Truck struts/shocks installed a couple of days ago and really like the ride. Much improved from the oem electronic shocks. Somehow I ended up with 1.7” front lift. A little bit of reverse rake but it looks good, but I now have a approx .7” lean due to the KDSS.
You might have to get a fatty to drive with you and sit in the high side!!! JK did you sort out the lean?

Thanks for your replies.
Drive it for awhile, see if it settles out.
being a hydraulic system, sometimes it will equalize, other times not so much.

Thanks for your replies.
Did you open the valves for the KDSS?

I did this when I installed my small lift. My dad and I stood on each running board and rocked it back forth with the valves open. Then closed. No lean almost two years in.

Did you open the valves for the KDSS?

I did this when I installed my small lift. My dad and I stood on each running board and rocked it back forth with the valves open. Then closed. No lean almost two years in.
If you do this, do NOT open more than 3 turns.
Bad things might happen…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom