Odyssey ODX-AGM27 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

USOffRoad

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.usoffroad.us
That battery has the terminals on the wrong sides. I do run there group 31 battery, really like that it has a second set of terminals that I use to power the winch.
You could compare your battery to the spec's they post
1609456773394.png

I have a 31 as well. As broski mentioned the terminals are on the wrong side for that battery you show but either way even with the 31 plan on having to extend your battery/ ground wires to reach the terminals unless you find a model I’m unaware if but likely didn’t search enough.The factory wiring will be short, the battery is huge so plan on modifying your battery hold down at minimum. I don’t see the spacer being needed if you go with that battery but for $2.00 I would get it. These batteries are way heavy and fill every bit of the factory tray and expensive as hell but well worth it. I had an optima before and it was garbage compared to the Odyssey.

I have a 31 as well. As broski mentioned the terminals are on the wrong side for that battery you show but either way even with the 31 plan on having to extend your battery/ ground wires to reach the terminals unless you find a model I’m unaware if but likely didn’t search enough.The factory wiring will be short, the battery is huge so plan on modifying your battery hold down at minimum. I don’t see the spacer being needed if you go with that battery but for $2.00 I would get it. These batteries are way heavy and fill every bit of the factory tray and expensive as hell but well worth it. I had an optima before and it was garbage compared to the Odyssey.
The only thing I had to extend was the power to the fusible links. (Land Cruiser Phil, fusible link relocator.) You well need to cut a small bit out of the in side corner of the battery box.
I also went with his battery hold down kit. It's a big heavy battery and I want it to stay in it's place

Does the 34R-PC1500T require any mods to the OEM battery cables/FL's?

Wondering also, what voltage are people seeing from their Odyssey batteries (fully charged then rested)?

If you want the group 27 battery they also make the ODX-AGM27F that has the terminals flipped around.

They also make the group 31 in a few configurations now that have terminals on either side.

Does the 34R-PC1500T require any mods to the OEM battery cables/FL's?

Wondering also, what voltage are people seeing from their Odyssey batteries (fully charged then rested)?
The only mod is the plastic tray that comes with the battery to raise it up slightly. No modification to the cables needed.
As a side note, the Interstate MTZ-34R is a good and less expensive alternative to the 34R-PC1500. The MTZ is currently in my LX450 after I drained my PC1500 flat on the day I was leaving for an event. I was able to bring the PC1500 back from the dead with a few days on the charger.
Both are good batteries.

I picked up the group 31 X2 Power marine version for the extra terminals. Fit the battery tray fine after trimming off a couple of the plastic ribs on one corner of the battery. I used the group 31 kit to extend the fusible link.

That looks very similar to the X2 Power (X2Power Premium AGM BCI Group 27F Car and Truck Battery - SLI27FAGMDP at Batteries Plus Bulbs - https://www.batteriesplus.com/product-details/auto_light-truck/battery/x2power/sli27fagmdp) or Northstar. The specs are identical and the price is similar as well. I think you'd be better off getting the X2 Power or Northstar 27F since the terminals will be on the correct side.
Northstar is an Enersys company. Same manufacturer as Odyssey.

Bump

Morning Mud :flipoff2:

I just got my first 12 volt fridge and I'm on the fence between the Odyssey extreme 34R-PC1500 that seems most popular for the 80 and the 31 with additional terminals for the winch.

The 31 has a good bit more Ah. And I like the additional winch lugs I don't leave my winch permanently hooked up unless I'm on the trail.

I guess I'm asking which one are you running and are you still happy with it?

An
Bump

Morning Mud :flipoff2:

I just got my first 12 volt fridge and I'm on the fence between the Odyssey extreme 34R-PC1500 that seems most popular for the 80 and the 31 with additional terminals for the winch.

The 31 has a good bit more Ah. And I like the additional winch lugs I don't leave my winch permanently hooked up unless I'm on the trail.

I guess I'm asking which one are you running and are you still happy with it?

For single battery set ups I like the 31, but that may require more configuring than you prefer with the updated top.

If not, I like the 27, which comes in multiple post configurations and is rated higher than the 34 in almost every category.

I went with dual 27’s in my dual batteried 80 to save 20 lbs from a dual 31 set up.

I would reach out to Odyssey customer service and verify that the aux terminals on that specific battery are suitable for extremely high load. Some marine batteries are meant for trolling motors, etc. with low loads. A high current draw on those terminals might damage the battery internally.

I would reach out to Odyssey customer service and verify that the aux terminals on that specific battery are suitable for extremely high load. Some marine batteries are meant for trolling motors, etc. with low loads. A high current draw on those terminals might damage the battery internally.

I would have to agree with this statement. Interstate Batteries have the marine post on several of their batteries with the intention on them being used in a marine situation. The marine post is not like your typical automotive post (full lead), where the marine is a post in a lead seat. Someone mentioned earlier about using a 31, there are AGM batteries and lead acid batteries that their intended purpose is heavy loads. We work with several city maintenance facilities and they are using the 31 series batteries in their fire trucks, garbage trucks.

If you can accommodate the size of a 31 I would recommend going that route, either a 31P-MHD or 31-MHD. 31P is automotive post the other one is marine post.

I am running two Northstar AGM-27F batteries in my 80 series. I opted for the identical terminal config for both sides. They are about 10 kg heavier each than standard lead acid 27 series batteries but have given me absolutely no trouble over the 4 years they've been in use.

Under the 'new regime' am I correct in thinking that Enersys now owns both the Odyssey and the Northstar battery lines?

Any battery with 'aux terminals' will only be limited to moderate use off those terminals simply because they are small - usually M8 or 5/16 - and they will not support high current use just due to their low cross-sectional area. High current use should only be done via the main terminals with good quality connections.

Thank you the replies

I am narrowed down to the 31 and 27

So, Odyssey ODX AGM31 batteries with fit without modification in an OEM battery tray? Found these somewhat local to me.

I use the X2 battery and it's a beast.
X2 Power (X2Power Premium AGM BCI Group 27F Car and Truck Battery - SLI27FAGMDP at Batteries Plus Bulbs - https://www.batteriesplus.com/product-details/auto_light-truck/battery/x2power/sli27fagmdp)
It's got a 4 year non-prorated warranty. Meaning you get a new battery - for free, no prorating - if it won't hold a charge five years after purchase. I run a winch (not used often) and a Dometic fridge, and the X2 has never let me down, including on numerous solo desert trips. I think it's a great battery for a reasonable price. I think I paid $379. I didn't want the weight and complication of a dual battery set-up. I also keep my truck on a NOCO trickle charger, as I only drive it about every 10 days to 2 weeks, so I'm expecting to get the full 4 years plus out of my X2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom