Odometer/speedometer face plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, my speedo needle recently shot off for the stars and broke of of my speedometer at 40 mph... I then got a proper year gauge cluster that cool cruisers of Texas had. The catch is.. it’s in kph. They mentioned on their page it was possible to replace the faceplate with my old one. But no info how. Has anyone tried this? Is it possible?

image.jpg

image.jpg

is the KPH cluster 12V?
does your original speedo still function but no needle?

to remove speedo, there are several screws that hold it to the cluster, remove screws and speedo will pull out,
if your old speedo still functions, just use the new needle on the old speedo.

Hello all, my speedo needle recently shot off for the stars and broke of of my speedometer at 40 mph...

That's what you get for driving these old rigs that fast! :smokin:

So what I ended up doing, as I see now that i have 2 different year gauge clusters, is use one to refresh the other... so it looks new, but it has all the original internals. I cleaned everything up, and put it in the new housing. I also replaced the needle. I was going to use the new backplate but the speedometer housing is tack welded in at the factory. Now to see if the speedometer still bounces....

image.jpg

you can hook the cable to the back of the cluster and use a drill in reverse to see if it all works without installing it, then you'll know if it's the cable, the speedo or the drive gear in the transfer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom