October ROTM - Casner #8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Abigail, Alvis and myself decided to do a second ROTM to bypass the accidents on the I-17.

I heard you guys on the radio when we were in Clarkdale/Cottonwood area on 89. I tried to reach out about the traffic, but I guess you couldn't hear me.

I was curious if anyone was getting caught in the back up on I-17.

We sat in it for over an hour after we left Clarkdale. Left Clarkdale about 1:30 or so and got home about 5 with only one stop at sunset point after traffic cleared. Should have only taken two hours.

Pete and I came upon an accident that had just happened minutes before and were fortunate enough to not get caught in traffic. We lucked out.

Excellent outing at Casner! Weather was perfect and had a great time. Just leaving Base Camp Sunday morning....

BC52ACED-5AC6-4773-967A-33737ED0CC14.jpeg

Big thanks to Ben for those campfire made Cinnamon rolls, delicious!

Pete and I came upon an accident that had just happened minutes before and were fortunate enough to not get caught in traffic. We lucked out.

I went south on 89A to Cottonwood then E on 260 to 17. No traffic but we left pretty early.

@brices123 Thanks again Brice for setting this outing up! Great group, perfect weather, spectacular setting, cant ask for much more than that👍

After airing up, I tried heading north on 89a out from the 535. Took exactly 8 minutes to be on the I-17 heading south at 75 mph vs slogging through sedona. Think I found my new casner route...

Last edited:
Big thanks to Ben for those campfire made Cinnamon rolls, delicious!
That panini maker Ben and Jason were treating us with made it on my next-to-get list. Thx guys!

Wondered why I ended up in Cali..jk.... fixed it :doh:

Brice, by the way Saddletramp said a toast to your birthday and as the founder of the Casner tradition. We all drank in you honor and missed you.

See you next October!

Last edited:
More pics Venturcaft USA

20191013_104717.jpg

20191011_162725.jpg

20191012_113523.jpg

20191011_162753.jpg

Wondering is the group thinking of doing this run again this year? Become a annual tradition. Know one yeara second run was done in June but October is a nicer time of the year. June is just too hot. Spring is better than summer.

Wondering is the group thinking of doing this run again this year? Become a annual tradition. Know one yeara second run was done in June but October is a nicer time of the year. June is just too hot. Spring is better than summer.
I have a reminder in my calendar to apply for the October permit. Will post up when that process starts. I believe it is in May, but I need to reach out to see if the process has changed because of COVID-19.

Keep listening.

Already looking forward to next Casner👍

Looking forward to it, missed the last one completely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom