October ROTM - Casner #8

Otter

All Access Pass Holder
SILVER Star

I was curious if anyone was getting caught in the back up on I-17.
We sat in it for over an hour after we left Clarkdale. Left Clarkdale about 1:30 or so and got home about 5 with only one stop at sunset point after traffic cleared. Should have only taken two hours.

Pete and I came upon an accident that had just happened minutes before and were fortunate enough to not get caught in traffic. We lucked out.

murf

Lifer

After airing up, I tried heading north on 89a out from the 535. Took exactly 8 minutes to be on the I-17 heading south at 75 mph vs slogging through sedona. Think I found my new casner route...

Last edited:

After airing up, I tried heading north on 89a out from the 535. Took exactly 8 minutes to be on the I-10 heading south at 75 mph vs slogging through sedona. Think I found my new casner route...
I-10?

murf

Lifer

Wondered why I ended up in Cali..jk.... fixed it :doh:

Brice, by the way Saddletramp said a toast to your birthday and as the founder of the Casner tradition. We all drank in you honor and missed you.

See you next October!

Last edited:

Living in the Past

SILVER Star

Wondering is the group thinking of doing this run again this year? Become a annual tradition. Know one yeara second run was done in June but October is a nicer time of the year. June is just too hot. Spring is better than summer.

brices123

SILVER Star

Wondering is the group thinking of doing this run again this year? Become a annual tradition. Know one yeara second run was done in June but October is a nicer time of the year. June is just too hot. Spring is better than summer.
I have a reminder in my calendar to apply for the October permit. Will post up when that process starts. I believe it is in May, but I need to reach out to see if the process has changed because of COVID-19.

Keep listening.

Top Bottom