Not mine, but supposed 2016 Land Cruiser Double Cab Pickup for sale... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

But from Africa it must be easier ;)

I bought one for my son and he is very happy with it.
The front doors open smoothly and he says the suspension it very good, his pitbike fits in the rear and we are thinking about adding a snorkel and roofrack.

Toyota LAND CRUISER 70 Toy Car Japan 2015 | eBay

I couldn't help myself.

>>Michael Papp <knowallthefacts@outlook.com>
Please accept this for what it is - an informal, non binding survey to get a feel for future imports.

Price point for these units is approximately $75,000 for base unit, $90,000 for Turbo/Intercooled.

Would you still have an interest at this price?

No reply will be taken as a "no". Comments / questions welcome.<<

I personally think many here, should email with a "yes" for their potential future purchase. I'd love to see Michael with his PA address chock full o' 75k/90k vehicles. Right? 20 or 30 brand spankin new Turbo/Intercooled 79's. Or does the Emperor have no clothes?

told my wife I pulled the trigger on one of the 70's he had...........she about crapped her pants, then showed her the toy I ordered and NO its for me.....I don't have kids ;) $8 is a safer bet......even though they are not in the states yet ;)

I bought one for my son and he is very happy with it.
The front doors open smoothly and he says the suspension it very good, his pitbike fits in the rear and we are thinking about adding a snorkel and roofrack.

Toyota LAND CRUISER 70 Toy Car Japan 2015 | eBay

:popcorn: Holy s*** this was classic! offroadkid posted ebay ad on FB weeks back, but just got the chance to read this thread...

Either NGO or he has an ICI that is "remedying" the US import modification requirements, and by that I mean they're just ticking all the boxes that say they've been done.

I must say this has been VERY entertaining. Can't put one over on this bunch. I must ask though, if the VIN numbers checked out according to Beno where did they come from?

I must say this has been VERY entertaining. Can't put one over on this bunch. I must ask though, if the VIN numbers checked out according to Beno where did they come from?

I haven't been following this closely...

but i've seen ebay scam ads where the vin number "checks out" regularly. However, this is not the point I'm trying to make.

When someone tries to sell a vehicle making a claim that is substantial, and possibly improbable skeptics will try to gain verification of such claims. If the seller of said item is legitimate and serious, then it is expected they produce evidence to substantiate those claims. Instead of providing actual proof, if the only evidence provided is petty remarks and challenges to those requesting verification, then the seller starts loose credibility. So in this case I think there are 3 options a) it's either simply not true b) if true, considerably misrepresented and possibly fraudulent in nature c) if true (improbable but possible)/false the seller needs to check himself.

You can verify a vin with beno... but a verified VIN, the real truck selling to a real happy owner, does not make not a dick. If it is true, and this guy feels like he milked some sort of probably not existing loophole, he needs to treat his customer base, substantially better.

Don't get what I was saying wrong. I certainly don't think from what I've seen that the seller was legit. I'm just curious how he came up with those VIN numbers.

Sometimes, like when reading the past few pages of replies, I come to a realization;

I am so good at what I set out to do, it even scares me a little.

Sometimes, like when reading the past few pages of replies, I come to a realization;

Mikey its WAY past the the time to put up or shut up.

Like many here, I would -love- to have a brand new left hand drive quad cab diesel manual 79 series Land Cruiser aka "Unicorn". It would not be easy, but I might even be able to come up with the $70K-$90K that one would likely demand. (Doing so would require wrangling and re-finance of a house, etc. since I'm assuming that getting a purchase loan using a unicorn as collateral might not work so well.)

If Toyota were to start selling them through dealerships in the US tomorrow, I'd be there. It's about time for them to give up on "Land Cruiser" as a luxury brand - they have Lexus for that - and start selling REAL Land Cruisers in the US again - which is a whole side story to this one.

It's fascinating that user mikeshomeworks is still sticking around here, despite offering no proof of ownership over said unicorns. If he has them, VERY cool. I look forward to seeing actual pictures and hopefully he or someone who purchased one will show up at a TLCA event somewhere so that a few thousand pictures can be taken.

I have another theory, though.

What do you suppose the chances would be that ih8mud user mikeshomeworks isn't even the same person who posted the ebay listing? I.e. a 2nd account for someone on ih8mud who's simply having a great time trolling responses here. I haven't seen anything that would definitively link the account here and the ebay listing.

That a newly created account here refuses to cough up pictures and details does not prove real/false for the ebay listing. Did anyone get a response to any inquiries made through ebay to the listing ID?

Do I believe the ebay listing? Not anymore than I believe I'll win the Powerball this weekend. I'll buy a ticket if I happen to be in a gas station though - that is a license to dream after all. The listing and the conversation here has been good for that - dreaming of owning a unicorn. In fact, if I ever own one, I'll get, "UN1CO4N" or similar as a license plate for it.

If you set out to make a fake ad for the purpose of getting land cruiser enthusiasts to waste a significant amount of time pondering the legitimacy of said ad, then yes, you are very good at what you set out to do.

I am personally angered by your lie. As someone with the means and desire to purchase such a vehicle, I spent hours mulling over emissions data, talking with the EPA, and even speaking with a very reputable ICI about the vehicle. Which BTW, they said it is IMPOSSIBLE to import this exact vehicle legally. The emissions system would be exorbitantly expensive to convert, and they had no idea how you would modify the body to meet our crumple zone requirements. You can't just "check boxes" to get this vehicle imported legally.

But this is all irrelevant right? As we've discovered, your goal was not to really sell a vehicle you don't have, but rather to waste people's time. Correct ? Congrats, you've succeeded.

Please go scam another enthusiast group and DISSAPEAR.

... I spent hours mulling over emissions data, talking with the EPA, and even speaking with a very reputable ICI about the vehicle. Which BTW, they said it is IMPOSSIBLE to import this exact vehicle legally.

They are obviously not correct. The EPA was actually the less difficult part.

...The emissions system would be exorbitantly expensive to convert, and they had no idea how you would modify the body to meet our crumple zone requirements. You can't just "check boxes" to get this vehicle imported legally.

You really think? I didn't mention that the vehicle came with keys either. I guess I should mention TRUCK COMES WITH KEYS.

Please do not speak specifics (crumple zones) until you understand fmvss and its' implications. It makes you look like you do not know what you are talking about. Google eCFR, read, and get back to me.

Of COURSE it need modification, and cannot be brought into the USA without emissions and nhtsa part 571 compliance.

I think you were the one who mentioned a few pages ago that it would be "impossible, because the cost would be over $10,000 per vehicle" to make it comply.

My friend, if you have someone that can do what I have had to do for $10,000 per vehicle, for $15,000 per vehicle, tell me who it is and I'll give you one of these for free.

I can't believe I'm actually going to respond to this absolutely absurd response, but what the hell...last one however, I will not waste anymore time on your shenanigans.

First off, there is NO SUCH THING as NHTSA Part 571. Its CFR part 571. Unfortunate for you my friend, I am a pilot and have an imitate knowledge and understanding of CFR's. I don't need to spend time on the eCFR website. luckily I have the printed copy where I spent a few hours on the can reading Part 571.

SO, Here are just two regulations a 2016 70 series does not comply with. There are 7 more...happy to provide those as well:

Part 571.208 NOT COMPLIANT (Occupant crash protection)
Part 571.214 NOT COMPLIANT (Side Impact Protection)

So. Unless you can explain to me how you modified the emissions system, reinforced the doors to comply with side impact requirements, and somehow remanufactured the quarter panels to comply with crumple zone requirements, then please....DISAPPEAR.

You sir are a trolling fraud. I despise people like you. Please, go away.

Cheers.

Please do not speak specifics (crumple zones) until you understand fmvss and its' implications. It makes you look like you do not know what you are talking about. Google eCFR, read, and get back to me.

Of COURSE it need modification, and cannot be brought into the USA without emissions and nhtsa part 571 compliance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom