noob asks: what does this button do? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched the forum, Google, and even read the owner's manual. I can't figure it out. Two questions:

1. What does this button do?
2. I've seen some pictures and it looks like there is a black tab that fills this hole (which seems kind of weird for a button). Does anyone know what this part number is? Or any other suggestions on filling it?

Thanks.

Dack

PXL_20220820_183120978.MP.jpg

PXL_20220821_010129936.MP.jpg

Oh and I forgot to ask: If I ever find this black tab, can I install it from the top? I don't want to have to take this all apart again. Thanks.

Black tab covers it usually, yeah. It allows you to shift out of park if your truck is otherwise disabled. Like a situation where you need a tow and definitely do not want them dragging against the AWD, for example.

The cover/tab should be part 33554-60130. And you can absolutely install it afterwards, since it's meant to be removed for that kind of situation without blowing the whole console apart.

It is a plastic cover that when removed allows access to the shifter release to use when the engine is off.

I became acquainted with this shifter release when the brake light fuse blew- it won't allow you to shift. Not fun when you're off-grid, I used a Garmin in-reach mini to reach out to a cruiser bud in order to troubleshoot.

hey wat are the biggest tires i can run on stock wheels? I want to get into overlanding fireroads TRD lifee
Hey, I'm going 'wheeling this weekend - here's my parts list. What would you add?

Hey, I'm going 'wheeling this weekend - here's my parts list. What would you add?
Your list sounds good but you probably can leave the cruiser at home, maxx traxx and hiking shoes are more than sufficient for driving the blue ridge parkway

Funny, funny... but in all seriousness, what is the best octane gas to use for a ride I plan to keep forever, because I actually care about my ride unlike the rest of you.

I searched the forum, Google, and even read the owner's manual. I can't figure it out. Two questions:

1. What does this button do?
2. I've seen some pictures and it looks like there is a black tab that fills this hole (which seems kind of weird for a button). Does anyone know what this part number is? Or any other suggestions on filling it?

Thanks.

Dack

View attachment 3092563

View attachment 3092566
DON'T TOUCH THAT BUTTON, IT'S FOR THE EJECTION SE-------AAAAAAAAAGGGGH!!

Funny, funny... but in all seriousness, what is the best octane gas to use for a ride I plan to keep forever, because I actually care about my ride unlike the rest of you.
I believe that Toyota/Lexus keeps this a secret, and doesn’t give any recommendation in the owner’s manual for this…

Not even wishy-washy “for improved performance” recommendations, without any obvious logic.

I was only planning on keeping my 06 LX for a few years. 17 years later, I’m still driving it, and not terribly motivated to replace it.

Last edited:
^this^

150,000 miles later, I still love this thing and don’t see replacing it any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom