No sound from speakers and no volume control. PLEASE HELP. 2013 Cruiser (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I disconnected my battery and now I have no sound. Everything works great, but the volume control is inoperable. PLEASE HELP!!! I have tried changing fuses, disconnecting the battery, ect. Thank you very much.

Do you have a LX or TLC? They use different amplifiers. Probably your head unit isn't seeing the amplifier.

You've probably already tried, but disconnect the battery again for 10+ min (negative terminal). Did you look for fuses under hood, at driver kick, at passenger kick, or all 3?

You've probably already tried, but disconnect the battery again for 10+ min (negative terminal). Did you look for fuses under hood, at driver kick, at passenger kick, or all 3?
I have. It’s sooo frustrating. I have looked over every fuse.

Level 2 trouble shooting

Did the 2013 keep the AUX jack near the ash tray? If so...make sure nothing’s in there. Ask me why I thought of this possibility.... ;)

Just a thought as this happens to me all the time. What is your origin for sound? Phone through BT? If it's your phone make sure to check the phone volume.

Okay. Thank you. I will try that.

if there is something in there, though… It should still only mute your system if your system is using AUX as the audio source.

In my truck, AUX is almost Exclusively my audio source. That may not be the case with you, so I mention it just as one possibility.

Level 2 trouble shooting
[/
if there is something in there, though… It should still only mute your system if your system is using AUX as the audio source.

In my truck, AUX is almost Exclusively my audio source. That may not be the case with you, so I mention it just as one possibility.
just looked. No good. I wonder if I shorted the amp when I disconnected the battery

just looked. No good. I wonder if I shorted the amp when I disconnected the battery

That would be extremely strange, since we all disconnectand reconnect our batteries a zillion times over the years...

My LX amp died inexplicably one day. No hint or Warning. The jbl system and mark levinson are different though in the underlying technology at the amp and how they deal with failure or lost av network communication

My LX amp died inexplicably one day. No hint or Warning. The jbl system and mark levinson are different though in the underlying technology at the amp and how they deal with failure or lost av network communication
I’m going to try a new battery. If that does nit work I’m screwed. I really don’t want to but a new amp for it.

I’m going to try a new battery. If that does nit work I’m screwed. I really don’t want to but a new amp for it.
The jbl is sadly not aftermarket friendly From what I’ve read. You’d need a MOST amp that Maybe also speaks the Toyota/jbl version of most. I don’t know For sure as I didn’t research that as my Lx is entirely different. The challenge in the LX is space and powered channels (need 12).

Not sure about your model year, but the later years have the capability to show a trouble code. Should work with Techstream. Before spending $$, check for a code, that may help with troubleshooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom