No sound from speakers and no volume control. PLEASE HELP. 2013 Cruiser (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I spent hours trying to figure this out. Fewww
I’m having the same issue. Last time it did it I removed the AMP fuse and replaced and it fixed it. This time I’m not so lucky! Where abouts did you disconnect the rear DVD? Did you just pull the plug at the back of the DVD/hard drive unit in the front?

I’m having the same issue. Last time it did it I removed the AMP fuse and replaced and it fixed it. This time I’m not so lucky! Where abouts did you disconnect the rear DVD? Did you just pull the plug at the back of the DVD/hard drive unit in the front?
It was a plastic connection and cable. If this is not connected, it does not complete the stereo and you will not have any sound.

It was the dvd connection from the headliner . I had to disconnect it because of a rattle from coming from the screen.
Thanks, I fixed it. I had a water damaged connector in the right hand kick panel that was causing an electric window issue. I have it another good clean up and the audio works again.

Great news on the fix!

One little suggestion is...edit the thread title to include the word “SOLVED” somewhere. It’s incredibly helpful in the future as people search for their own solutions.

Again... congrats!

Great news on the fix!

One little suggestion is...edit the thread title to include the word “SOLVED” somewhere. It’s incredibly helpful in the future as people search for their own solutions.

Again... congrats!
This isn’t my thread - but I will edit mine that was also posted. 👍

This isn’t my thread - but I will edit mine that was also posted. 👍

Oh... Whoops! ;)
Really just a thought... It’s not any real expectation or standard.

One of the things that often happens in forums is that the key answers can easily get lost among the wider discussions. So later on...some great solutions get lost in the shuffle.

It’s sort of like remembering to mark a classified ad as “SOLD.” :)

Oh... Whoops! ;)
Really just a thought... It’s not any real expectation or standard.

One of the things that often happens in forums is that the key answers can easily get lost among the wider discussions. So later on...some great solutions get lost in the shuffle.

It’s sort of like remembering to mark a classified ad as “SOLD.” :)
Totally agree, and I’d never thought of doing that before.

This is now happening to me for a second time.
First time it happened after Toyota installed factory remote start.
This time I did have service done last Friday and now it’s Wednesday and no audio but the screen works as well as all other functions.
I’m not quite tracking with the DVD part of this thread but will dive deeper…
Any thoughts? Does my computer just need time to reset after battery is disconnected?

Any malfunctioning link in the audio chain will cause "no sound". That could be the amp or the CD/DVD player or rear or front display screens. The individual unit could be bad or power(fuse) that supplies the unit could be the problem.
I have a no sound issue right now. I checked all fuses first. Then verified power at each component. Then verified the function of each component. It turned out that my overhead DVD screen was non-functional. I verified by swapping in a friend's functioning screen and my sound came back.

Any malfunctioning link in the audio chain will cause "no sound". That could be the amp or the CD/DVD player or rear or front display screens. The individual unit could be bad or power(fuse) that supplies the unit could be the problem.
I have a no sound issue right now. I checked all fuses first. Then verified power at each component. Then verified the function of each component. It turned out that my overhead DVD screen was non-functional. I verified by swapping in a friend's functioning screen and my sound came back.
What is my recourse? I also cannot get the DVD rear screen to please on. The front Screen does ply a dvd but no sound.
Sounds like rear dvd is issue

It does sound like the rear screen is the issue. My remote would not activate it but it would activate my friends screen so I know my remote is good. There is a rear entertainment fuse in the passenger kick panel. I'd check that. Also the fuses on the driver's side under the hood. Finally, there is a way to check that you are getting power to the screen with a multimeter.

It does sound like the rear screen is the issue. My remote would not activate it but it would activate my friends screen so I know my remote is good. There is a rear entertainment fuse in the passenger kick panel. I'd check that. Also the fuses on the driver's side under the hood. Finally, there is a way to check that you are getting power to the screen with a multimeter.
Thanks brother I’ll start on it

So it auto resolved itself somehow when I started driving the car (actually driving and not just running car in park)
This scenario has happened two different times now and has resolved itself twice without any remediation.
No clue why but it’s 100% related to rear DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom