Reset maint light, Nav override, hidden diagnostic menu, door lock option (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got sick of searching so much for these when I needed them, so here's a summary if you're interested.
Post any discrepancies you see in other model years. Also, post other hidden gems if you have them...

Have fun...
Fish

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Summary of reset maint light, Nav override, hidden menus, door lock option

Reset “Maint” light - tested and works on ’03LC, not sure about other years.
1. Make sure your ODO is NOT in either A or B trip mode (needs to be in total mileage mode)
2. Switch key to OFF position
3. Push and HOLD ODO reset
4. Switch Key to ON position (while still pushing ODO reset in)
5. Maint light will blink and go out

Door Lock Programming - tested and works on ’03LC, not sure about other years.
This action will change (toggle the feature on and off) the “all doors auto locking function” upon putting the truck in Park (auto unlock) and then Drive (auto lock)
1. Make sure the truck is in P (Park)
2. Put the parking brake on
3. Turn the key to the ON position
4. Move the transmission to N (Neutral)
5. Hold the back of the door lock switch on the driver's side for “exactly” five seconds and then let go (reports are of this not working if you hold the lock too little or too long – if that happens just try again)
6. Once you let go all the doors will lock and then unlock signaling the change was successful

Accessing Hidden Service Menu on the Nav screen – tested and works on an ’03LC, not sure about other years.
1. Make sure lights are in the OFF position
2. Switch Ignition to ON position but don’t start the engine
3. Pull up handbrake up
4. Hold down the “Info” button next to the Nav Screen
5. While holding down the Info button switch the PKG lights ON then OFF THREE times
6. On the screen you will see a number of options and a whole new menu including engine codes and resets, GPS calibration etc
***********Careful, use at your own RISK - there are probably ways to #$%@ your Nav or computer up messing with this, but there are some cool things as well… **************
Link to Toyota trouble codes – not sure if they are all applicable to the Land Cruiser, but I think the Toyota codes are mostly generic between models
http://www.troublecodes.net/Toyota/

Navigation Override (to use while in motion and possibly DVD override on some models) - tested and works on my ’03LC, other years below, but check for yourself if they work.
’01-’02 LC/LX
1. Press MENU then select SYSTEM OPTION
2. Perform the 5 point hidden button routine: Top Left, Bottom Left, TL, BL, BR.
3. The Debug Diag screen displays with blue buttons
4. Press OVERRIDE DRIVE button for a few seconds (it turns from blue to green)
5. Press BACK (upper right)
6. Override is effective until ignition is turned off.

’03LC/LX
1. Go to menu
2. Press the DVD button (on screen) in the top right hand corner.
3. This will show you a version screen.
4. Then you proceed with the top left, bottom left, top left, bottom left, & bottom right (with a full fingerprint).
5. When the blue screen comes up, press override until it lights up (about 3 seconds). Then hit back and you’re done.
6. Shows several other screen options

’04-’06 LC/LX
1. Press Menu button.
2. On the screen that appears, there is a volume button--press it.
3. On this screen, there are no buttons at the top left corner and bottom left corner, but press in this order; Top, bottom, top and bottom (Upper left and lower left) .
4. A new screen will appear with multiple buttons. Press and hold the one titled "override"--it will change colors and BEEP.
5. Push the "Back" button to exit and you're good to go.

Last edited:
I managed to get into the Hidden Service Menu on my 02 LX470. I do see quite a few codes but they don't look like the regular P0xxxx codes. Does anybody know how to read them? It has a button for clearing the codes which I will try tomorrow. My CEL has been on for a few days and it seems to have coincided with the service reminder popping up around the same time. Does the CEL usually come on when it's time for service, major or not?

I have tried several times to get my '03 nav working while driving, but I don't seem to be able to get into this hidden screen. In all items except the nav override you tell if the engine should be switched on or off, or whatever. When overriding the nav, should the engine be running, with the auto tranny in Park? If not, when I start my (TD) engine, the nav shuts down while starting. Maybe that is my problem? I've tried it with the engine running, and with the contact on without the engine running. What should I do? Please help me.

Also, do you have any idea on how to make all the power windows to close when you lock the car with the remote key. This is when you have left the car and the windows are still open, they close automatically when you lock the car. That would be a good modification. Now you have to get back in the car, turn the ignition on, close the window and get back out again.

Hope you can help?

I believe the menu you are looking for is different from the one I'm currently checking out. To get into the menu you are asking about I have to (in my 02) press the menu button on the left of the screen, then press the system menu button on the screen. (All this while the car is running and the car is standing still. No handbrake needed). Then do the 5 point touching of the screen in order to access the override button. (touch the upper left side of the screen, then the lower left, then the upper left, then the lower left, then the lower right) if this doesn't work the first time, then try again. I don't know if it's different on the 03 or the diesel version, but maybe search this forum and you will/might find.

Hey!
Just found this for the 03 from Steph23:

"I think it's different for us with the '03s. Go to menu, instead of volume, press the DVD button (on screen) in the top right hand corner. This will show you a version screen. Then you proceed with the top left, bottom left, top left, bottom left, & bottom right (with a full fingerprint). When the blue screen comes up, press override until it lights up (about 3 seconds). Then hit back and your done. Give it a try and let me know."

Has anyone ever figured out the override on the 2007 UZJ? The 2006 procedure doesn't work on mine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom