No running lights or instrument cluster light - 94 FZJ80 JDM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FZJ80inWI

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking for some guidance in locating a solution to the loss of the instrumentation cluster lights, "running lights", and no fog lights. I added a tow package and Hopkins 43405 trailer wiring kit in the spring. While launching my duck boat Saturday morning, I believe is when I lost the lights. I've since removed the wiring kit thinking it got wet and shorted the unit but the problem still exists. I've followed some previous instructions - Dash lights and marker lights stopped working - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/dash-lights-and-marker-lights-stopped-working.1309563/#post-14909908

Reviewed the FSM EWD Page 72 & 73 and have checked (and replaced some) of the fuses.
Replace -
GAUGE 10A
Cig 15A
Tail 15A
Following the EWD, (Not an expert are reading this) the clock, hazards and fan lights, combination meter lights, radio, all the things attached to a fuse seem to be working. Rear turn signal, brake & backup lights work when engaged
1698059912706.png

Not sure if this is the right location for the cluster lights or not. Not sure how do you interrupt this in the FSM (replace the relay?)
TAILLIGHT RELAY
(1) 2 – (1) 3 : CLOSED WITH LIGHT CONTROL SW AT TAIL OR HEAD POSITION (WHEN LIGHT AUTO TURN OFF SYSTEM IS OFF)
"
I do hear a clicking when switching the head lights from off to running lights. Would a fault tail light relay cause this? Any help is appreciated.

$122.00 for a OEM part from my local Toyota dealer and problem solved. It was the Tail light replay. Looks like I need to keep a spare on hand if I plan on dunking may truck in the water.

I've run in to a similar issue. What's the part number for the part you had to replace?

PN 90987-01003. I bit the bullet and went through my local dealer because the one on eBay were confusing on the part numbers and images they showed. This one did the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom