Dash lights and marker lights stopped working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New to 80s, but not Toyotas, and have a new-to-me 94. I was messing around with the dash and shorted the ashtray light bulb and now neither the dash lights work, nor the marker lights. Both were working before the incident. Headlights still work.

I checked all the fuses, nothing burnt. I can hear a relay clicking when I turn the light stalk to the first position and back off but none of the aforementioned lights come on.

Where should I be looking?

10 amp fuse labeled gauge in main fuse box on driver side in cab. There is also a 10 amp under the hood fuse box that runs the radio I think that could be it also.

New to 80s, but not Toyotas, and have a new-to-me 94. I was messing around with the dash and shorted the ashtray light bulb and now neither the dash lights work, nor the marker lights. Both were working before the incident. Headlights still work.

I checked all the fuses, nothing burnt. I can hear a relay clicking when I turn the light stalk to the first position and back off but none of the aforementioned lights come on.

Where should I be looking?
There are two "ash tray lights", the "ash tray illumination" (A24) and cigarette lighter illumination (C6). Both are fed by the 15A "TAIL" fuse. Both are on page 73 of the EWD (even though the matrix says 72). The power source, current flow chart matrix is on pages 38-45. The EWD is in the Resources section.

There are two "ash tray lights", the "ash tray illumination" (A24) and cigarette lighter illumination (C6). Both are fed by the 15A "TAIL" fuse. Both are on page 73 of the EWD (even though the matrix says 72). The power source, current flow chart matrix is on pages 38-45. The EWD is in the Resources section.
Swapped the two 15 A fuses for Tail and Cig and now everything works. So strange.

Thanks, gents!

You're welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom