Nitro Gear Posi for the 200? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MTKID

Mostly Stock
Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Interesting.. would be nice if they had a video of one in action.

From videos I've seen with rigs having LSD it seems like they allow a fair amount of slip and the other issue being you need to stay on the throttle to keep it locked once it does lock. So in a situation where you might let off or stop you unlock the LSD and have to go thru the process again.

With the mods you've done to your 200 I'd assume the trails you might hit would require a proper locker

I honestly don’t fully understand a lot of this stuff, so very interested in the advantages of this vs. a locker and am a little confused as to how this would outperform or underperform ATRAC.

Last edited:
Interesting.. would be nice if they had a video of one in action.

From videos I've seen with rigs having LSD it seems like they allow a fair amount of slip and the other issue being you need to stay on the throttle to keep it locked once it does lock. So in a situation where you might let off or stop you unlock the LSD and have to go thru the process again.

With the mods you've done to your 200 I'd assume the trails you might hit would require a proper locker

“...the trails I might hit”? I just drive it to the mall 😉

I appreciate that input. I haven’t driven it on anything serious yet but I look forward to re-doing all the trails I took my 80 & 100 on and maybe some trails out of state. Everyone’s perspective about the difficulty of a trail is different though.

My only reference is the F&R lockers that were in my 80 & rear locker in my 100. I felt like they worked great.

“...the trails I might hit”? I just drive it to the mall 😉

I appreciate that input. I haven’t driven it on anything serious yet but I look forward to re-doing all the trails I took my 80 & 100 on and maybe some trails out of state. Everyone’s perspective about the difficulty of a trail is different though.

My only reference is the F&R lockers that were in my 80 & rear locker in my 100. I felt like they worked great.
Here's a video of someone that has one. This is why I'm not a fan of them, to me it's more slip than I would accept for something thats supposed to be a locker.

Also to the point above it would mess with ATRAC if you leave that on.

2 key down sides are the amount of slip allowed and the amount of load required to get it to engage (getting on the gas a good bit where you might not want to)

Video note: he's in 2wd to show the engagement of the LSD

Last edited:
I’m a fan and think it’s a good in between option. Haven’t driven one yet.

Limited slips I think would be more beneficial for performance driving at speed. Since the 200-series is not that, for the time and money, I think a locker has more utility in the rear axle. ATRAC seemingly has almost the same ability as a limited slip in off-road use. Real locking in obstacle and sand use would seem to have more capability and differentiation in those situations.

Wonder if this might be more useful for the front axle? Then again, any LSD like this may have impacts to tight turning radius.

I think Nitro is a "Torsen" style LSD.

If I understand correctly how they work, they do not require large amounts of throttle like clutch style LSDs. Just torque differential.

Should work well with ATRAC???

Edit: The 200's center diff is already a "Torsen" style diff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom