Newbie to gx, need parts help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally purchased a 2004, one owner, 133k, has nav only thing didn't want. Just picked up from Vegas yesterday.

Wanting to update the differential support and clunking driveshaft if it has not been done.
Is part numbers best way to check if done or enough design difference between them?

Also driver side vents will blow heat but the passenger side is alot cooler?
Tried setting on individual also no change.
Servo bad?

Thanks

I haven’t done it yet but i would go by part # as i don’t think there is enough in physical difference

Thanks

Anybody know what would cause different temperatures between driver and passenger side?

There’s a thread going on regarding the differential support bracket. The part numbers stamped appear to be the same on both the old and new, so the only way you can tell is to look at the part dimensions and shape.

Differential Support #2 Replacement

• Diff support bracket new part # 52380-60021 replaces old part # 52391-60021. Order new part number.
  • But the new part # is not stamped into new upgraded part. New upgraded part has old part number stamped onto it.

Yeah I read that but ,didn't understand it didn't want to buy a part if already been changed thanks for the info.

These things are awesome rigs excited to start building it

Yeah, the list of things to upgrade or change keeps on growing.

Post pictures of your rig and the mods you are embarking on.

Sorry I can’t help you diagnose your ac problem.

I hope you don't have dual turned on with different Temps set?

It seemed to get a little warmer last night, played with both individual and single settings, maybe PO didn't use it much???

Also on the Lexus service history if says the 90k , service was complete, that would be everything included in there recommended service? Timing belt, ect...

20171222_163055.jpg

Needs tires, trying to figure out what lift to go with. I think I want to go 255/80/17 but not sure if they will fit w/o lift if do body choppo and inner fender.... they would be on stock wheels

Thanks

Anybody know what would cause different temperatures between driver and passenger side?

Looks like your A/C is low on refrigerant.
Had the same exact issue, recharged the Freon, and now it is blowing colder than ever before.
Good luck.

Looks like your A/C is low on refrigerant.
Had the same exact issue, recharged the Freon, and now it is blowing colder than ever before.
Good luck.
He’s talking about heat I believe, not AC. So assuming he’s using the dual function correctly, it possibly has a faulty blend door motor.

Yes it is on the heat side, read it could be servo, haven't had a chance to investigate further yet.
Getting ready to replace brakes and see if front support has been replaced.

Is there a visual difference in the tsb rear drive shaft update for thump/clunk update?

Needs tires, trying to figure out what lift to go with. I think I want to go 255/80/17 but not sure if they will fit w/o lift if do body choppo and inner fender.... they would be on stock wheels

There's a spreadsheet that has tire/wheel combos with comments about rubbing and mods. I saw a couple people commenting on their 255/80R17 tires and the mods they did. See the tab on wheels/tires on this spreadsheet 2003-2009 GX470 Master Mod List.xlsx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom