Newbie here, just got my 1972 fj40, and the fun start. Help me :) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

Just picked up a 1972 hardtop today that seems to be in great shape overall. I'll post more pictures and details soon, but I have an immediate question unfortunately.
Got it washed (hand washed) at my work, and went back to park it in my usual spot. Something seems to be leaking from the back and I have no idea what it is. Definitely viscous.
See pictures, any idea, and can I drive it home? Note that it is parked at an incline, with the leaky part on the low point.

Hey guys,

Just picked up a 1972 hardtop today that seems to be in great shape overall. I'll post more pictures and details soon, but I have an immediate question unfortunately.
Got it washed (hand washed) at my work, and went back to park it in my usual spot. Something seems to be leaking from the back and I have no idea what it is. Definitely viscous.
See pictures, any idea, and can I drive it home? Note that it is parked at an incline, with the leaky part on the low point.

View attachment 1984564

View attachment 1984565View attachment 1984566

View attachment 1984567
Brake line or brake cylinder i would guess.

Not super thick and didn’t notice a very strong smell.

This would seem to be brake fluid. Check your pedal and see if it has gotten soft and spongy. How far is home? I would be certain of my brakes before driving or call the tow.

Check your brake fluid reservoir. is it low?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom