"new" Yokohama Geolander M/T (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Little follow up after driving the truck up to Silverton today on business.

Really happy with the HWY manors of the Yokohama’s. Very quiet for what they are. No wondering. Corner fine again for a MT. Return trip was in the rain. No surprises there.

Still need to go wheeling. I’m sure they will perform fine in that department.

I would agree on all accounts with the Yoko's at this point. They do grab rocks. I've got 3 miles of dirt road everyday and always the surprise "bang" when a rock lets go. Pretty quiet and smooth for an MT. So far I've have good performance in highway, dirt, beach sand and mud. (not full on mudding, ih8mud) Pretty impressed.

Running them on my FJ Cruiser, the best most livable MTs I have ever used be it on road for daily drives and fantastic off road performance on all kinds of terrain. It does very well on sand once aired down and the wear and noise is quite good as well. Finally a tire thats coming close to today's hybrid ATs but with more hardcore performance.

IMG_20190917_101457.jpg

IMG_20190917_101508.jpg

IMG_20190917_101519.jpg

Running them on my FJ Cruiser, the best most livable MTs I have ever used be it on road for daily drives and fantastic off road performance on all kinds of terrain. It does very well on sand once aired down and the wear and noise is quite good as well. Finally a tire thats coming close to today's hybrid ATs but with more hardcore performance.

View attachment 2085897

View attachment 2085898

View attachment 2085899

Nice aggressive tires. The sidewall looks tough also. How's their weight? The Geolander MT is one of my options. I also like the Fuel off road tires because they look similar to Toyo MT's but cheaper.

Nice aggressive tires. The sidewall looks tough also. How's their weight? The Geolander MT is one of my options. I also like the Fuel off road tires because they look similar to Toyo MT's but cheaper.

They are around 56lb and lighter than my BFG KO2 same size they feel so good on road with less noise, no shake and best of all good grip in rain.

Last edited:
I would like to hear any feedback with those with more than 20 or 30k miles on them?

In the market for new 315s. I was set on Toyo MT again but like these due to the weight savings.

I would like to hear any feedback with those with more than 20 or 30k miles on them?

In the market for new 315s. I was set on Toyo MT again but like these due to the weight savings.
I am interested as well and will be getting a new set of 315s soon. Coming from KM2s and not going with BFG again due to E rated now on them and BFG is under sizing their tires. I am leaning towards the MT/R because it's D rated which is more than sufficient and offers softer ride, runs truer to stated size plus it's a bit less aggressive tread pattern opposed to many of the M/T tires.

I am interested as well and will be getting a new set of 315s soon. Coming from KM2s and not going with BFG again due to E rated now on them and BFG is under sizing their tires. I am leaning towards the MT/R because it's D rated which is more than sufficient and offers softer ride, runs truer to stated size plus it's a bit less aggressive tread pattern opposed to many of the M/T tires.

I honestly believe the MTR is a better tire than the KM2 in every way after running both. I wouldnt say its less aggressive either from my own experiences and how many are used at KOH still.

Also, the 35x12.50R17 MTR is a C range if you want to go to an even more compliant tire that is a 34.8" stated OD. The D range 315/70R17 is a 34.7".

Ha, yep... Saw that one but I'm always a bit skeptical with Youtube reviews!

Those running them now...how many miles do you have on them and do you still consider them a good tire?

Ha, yep... Saw that one but I'm always a bit skeptical with Youtube reviews!

Those running them now...how many miles do you have on them and do you still consider them a good tire?

I have close to 8k with mixed mud, trails and hills and still as good as day one with little more noise thats to be expected after tires break in.

Well I ended up buying some this weekend. 315/75r16. Discount tire matched their online price for $215 a tire. Pretty good price compared to most of the other MT's. First impressions are that they look really good for sure. I haven't actually measured but they definitely run a little smaller than the Toyo MT's I took off. Diameter wise, not a ton, but width wise it is a bit more noticeable.

Really the only reason I didn't go Toyo again was the weight. Unfortunately, at ~15lbs lighter, I did not feel any difference in driving between the Toyo's and new Yokohama's. Oh well. We'll see how these go!
20191130_132103.jpg
20191130_132126.jpg
20191130_132114.jpg

I bought a set of 235/85/16's last spring for my 71' FJ40 project, but then I needed some tires on my 91' Toyota pickup and so I ran them on it. I have about 8000 miles on them, I've rotated them once at about 6000 miles when no visible signs of wear. I really like them, the road noise isn't bad at all. We have had snow a few times since September and they hold the road well in snow and slush and and on hard packed snow and ice. During a little snow blizzard I encountered I was surprised at just how far I made it up this mountain pass in 2wd before having to shift into 4wd. The 235's are too tall for the gearing in my pickup so I just ordered another set for my pickup (31x10.50/15) so that these can go back on my cruiser!
IMG_20190818_191442473.jpg
IMG_20190818_195203543.jpg

Last edited:
They are just amazing off road and so far even in heavy mud and wet rocks they have never let me down but its their road manners and wear I am truly amazed with. Coming from AT I thought it would be hard to live with MT from my previous experience with other MTs but for me, this is the hybrid AT tire I was looking for. Sure there is X-AT but I since I have to deal with unexpected mud sometimes I would rather stick to the MT G003s.

Good to see the rest of the Yokohama line up doing well. I have their X-AT and they have impressed me a lot. They got me out of some unexpected muddiness a few months ago with ease. If I were to really need an MT I would try the G003's.

This was my first trip with the Yokohama MT G003 tires. I was really impressed with how they worked in the mud. Now to get use to the size of rocks they throw on gravel roads. :lol:

This was my first trip with the Yokohama MT G003 tires. I was really impressed with how they worked in the mud. Now to get use to the size of rocks they throw on gravel roads. :lol:

I live on a gravel road. So I get a constant reminder

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom