New truck and need some info (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I stole the tires off my 40 to see how they’d fit. I think they’re a hair big, they would be perfect if the truck had a 2.5 lift. I think it still looks/drives great and plan on keeping them on the 45. Ill find a different set for the 40 since I have more size options.

I will likely move the rear axle back an inch. I’ve done some searching on lifts, I know cruiser outfitters sells the OME kit but it’s pricey.
I’ve read that swb and lwb share the same spring size, can anyone confirm this? I also read that fj60 rear springs are very similar in length. I still don’t think I’ve found a situation where someone actually used them.
Can anyone confirm what options I have to bring the back end up?

View attachment 2947071

View attachment 2947072

View attachment 2947073

View attachment 2947074
Look at what @wngrog is doing in the Seminole build in the 40/45 section, and copy his formula for suspension.

You have a beautiful truck.

I think I prefer the acorn hub caps over the later model caps.

@wngrog has a 45 LWB and @jomelo has a 45 SWB RHT and they both run them on their trucks. I’m pretty sure they run Dobinsons on several of their other trucks as well.

Builds - 1965 Seminole Red FJ45 SWB - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/1965-seminole-red-fj45-swb.1277672/page-5#post-14336426

Look at post #97 ☝🏻

I think I prefer the acorn hub caps over the later model caps.

@wngrog has a 45 LWB and @jomelo has a 45 SWB RHT and they both run them on their trucks. I’m pretty sure they run Dobinsons on several of their other trucks as well.

Builds - 1965 Seminole Red FJ45 SWB - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/1965-seminole-red-fj45-swb.1277672/page-5#post-14336426

Look at post #97 ☝🏻

Thanks!
I prefer the acorns as well, just need to find a set.

Thanks!
I prefer the acorns as well, just need to find a set.

@Speedsail2001 sells them hit him up

Figured I’d update this. Out of all my cruiser’s she’s my favorite to drive hands down. Taking the top off in the summer is epic.

IMG_9280.jpeg

IMG_9249.jpeg

IMG_0513.jpeg

IMG_3822.jpeg

IMG_7750.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom