New Thule Trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the internal height, from the flooring to the highest point of the plastic lid? I'm thinking of getting one to use to carry my spare wheels/tires.
Thanks!
Mike

per their website, 14" x 4' x 7'

Related ExPo thread:
Thule Adventure Trailer thought/opinions - Expedition Portal Forums

I like this trailer --
It's actually made by Snopro and Thule doesn't offer it anymore.

http://www.thuletrailers.com/_filel....pdf?FileName=1001_Multi-Purpose_Trailers.pdf

U4x6KE_tn.gif

http://www.snoprotrailers.com/Product.asp?CargoTypeID=7&ModelID=21&ProductID=128

my bad, sorry

It's roughly 28 inches from the floor to the top of the plastic lid. At it's highest point. The lid does slope down significantly in the front.

I just ran across your pics of the Thule 1700 trailer. I bought my 1500 Thule trailer last year in April. I go camping in Texas where my children live. I have towed this trailer to texas 4 times already and it is the greatest thin since sliced bread. I pull this thing with my Honda Fit using a 1 1/4 in. Drawtite hitrc with riser hitch ball. I still get 30 MPG average even in the hill country.
This trailer pulls as though there was nothing behind me and this is a little car. 3 1/5 ft. wide and 5 ft. long. It stores in my garage sitting on its tail gate pegs. The 221 lb. weight is easy to handle. I would strongly recommend this to anyone. I hope you are enjoying your 1700 as much as I enjoy my 1500.

Regards

Some recent pics of the Thule Trailer, used to build a stone wall, had to make several runs to the store, but in the end, it hauled 800 lbs of top-soil (one load), and 2,000 lbs of rock (3 loads).
wall 5.jpg
wall 7.jpg
wall 8.jpg

3 more pics
wall.jpg
wall 1.jpg
wall 3.jpg

one more trailer shot, and finished product.
wall 6.jpg
wall 4.jpg

VA Runner.....that is a great trailer...I would love to sell my Snow Bear and pick one up....great landscaping project by the way!

How heavy is yours? Ever weighed it?

Thanks Pete. The weight is roughly 300 lbs. Light enough to wheel around by hand.

I just bought a used Thule 1205 (1700) off Craiglist for $900 (1 year old, great shape with spare tire and wheel jack). Is there an instruction manual anyone can e-mail me? Or a link to one? The thuletrailer.com website is defunct, and they no longer make these units.

What is the max speed recommended for this trailer?

Any help is appreciated.

I just ran across your pics of the Thule 1700 trailer. I bought my 1500 Thule trailer last year in April. I go camping in Texas where my children live. I have towed this trailer to texas 4 times already and it is the greatest thin since sliced bread. I pull this thing with my Honda Fit using a 1 1/4 in. Drawtite hitrc with riser hitch ball. I still get 30 MPG average even in the hill country.
This trailer pulls as though there was nothing behind me and this is a little car. 3 1/5 ft. wide and 5 ft. long. It stores in my garage sitting on its tail gate pegs. The 221 lb. weight is easy to handle. I would strongly recommend this to anyone. I hope you are enjoying your 1700 as much as I enjoy my 1500.

Regards

How tall is your garage ceiling? Mine is 8' and I cannot figure how to stand it up. Does the tongue come off?

These Thule trailers are actually made by Brenderup of Sweden. Thule has their names on several different brands of trailers both import and domestic. "EasyLine" is another light duty (more light duty than the Brenderup) trailer that I see advertised as Thule trailers.

I saw the trailer manual for the trailer in the pictures above on the Brenderup UK website.

Brenderup - Brochures

Look at the booklet at the bottom of the page.

Am searching for one of these trailers. Want that locking top. We drive a 1st Gen CR-V and don't want to move up in vehicle size. The 'V is plenty vehicle for my family of four plus dog but we are to the point where we don't have enough room for the uggage or camping gear if the dog goes with us (she lays in the "wayback" on her dog bed).

I have a standard open top utility trailer with 12 inch wheels. Has been GREAT but want more of a trunk than a trailer these days. Going to sell it and buy a Thule/Brenderup if I can find one used.

Last edited:
That Thule trailer is a Brenderup 1205S. I spoke to the sales rep in Midland, TX and he has about 5 of these trailers left for sale. He also had several of the shorter version and several of the wider version for sale.

These are on close out just like Thule was doing. Plenty of parts can still be had via the UK and beyond.

I bought one. Just gotta figure out when I can go pick it up. Gas was cheaper than freight charges.

Okay guys, here's an update on my two Thules. Before I go on, I'm looking for a spare tire for mine, so if any of you that have one want to sell one, please let me know. Also, if someone has the number to the sales rep in Midland, TX, I'd like his number.

When I bought mine, no one in St. Louis carried them, so I talked my local trailer dealer into becoming a distributor, but he made me buy four of them, which I did. They came on pallets and I had to assemble all four. I bought two 1700s and two 1500s. In the end, I sold one of each, and kept one of each.

The 1700 I primarily use to haul my Yamaha Grizzly 700, which just barely fits in the trailer. Due to the weight of the Grizz, the floor started giving out on me, and I ended up drilling out every single rivet on the trailer (it was very cheaply built), took the entire trailer apart, replaced the particle board floor with diamond plate aluminum, and then bolted the entire trailer back together using only stainless hardware and lock nuts. It's WAY stronger and more solid now. I also upgraded to 175/80-13 Duro Radials, which gave me more height and a wider footprint (I take this trailer on 600 mile plus trips each summer and I wanted to ensure I had some solid tires that could handle 80 mph all day long). Anyway, I ended up doing a "lift" on my fenders to make the tires look a little more proportionate in the fender wells. I also lined the lower left and right interior with composite decking facia board (I think it's 1/2" thick), and completely lined the interior front and back. I added a tongue box and LED taillights. It's pretty nice. I have the side rail extensions and the vinly tarp, which is awesome. All in all, it's been a great trailer.

The 1500 I left fairly stock so far, but it's so light and bouces around so much, I carry 100 pounds of sand around in the back just to keep it on the ground. I did add a Yakima rack system to it (see pics). I'm going to take this one apart this Sping and add the diamond plate floor like I did to my 1700 (some of the floor rivets are beginning to pop).

I am also going to add a Yakima rack system to my 1700 this spring as well, but it will be different than the one I did on my 1500. I want the vinyl tarp to go on smoothly without bunching in the corners, so I'm going to have my local welder fabricate some vertical pieces that bolt to the outside so that the tarp goes on cleanly.

It's too bad that Thule stopped importing these. I would definitely call these Light Duty trailers, until I upgraded my floor and used all stainless bolts, but they're still only medium duty at that point. They work great for me. Please contact me with any questions because I do know a lot about these. When I needed a tarp for my 1500, I had my cousin in the Air Force in Germany go to a local dealer there and then he sent it to me, which was great. The bolt pattern on these wheels is metric/German, and therefore finding a wheel that fits the hub is next to impossible in the US, hence me asking for a spare. I never did look into changing the hub, which I guess is possible. I would like to add bigger/taller tires (even bigger than I went with already) for more ground clearance and to match my Jeep.

Thanks! If you want to email directly, it's bob@buymud.com
090316 - Thule Loaded 011.jpg
20080429 - Thule Trailer Box.jpg
090205 - Misc Grizz 021.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom