New Steering Rack, What Else Do I Need to Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in the process of replacing my steering rack. Need to know what else I need to replace while doing so. Does the rack come with new bushings, tie rod ends, boots, etc.? TIA

Most of them will come with the inner tie rod ends and boots. You'll probably need to purchase the outer ones separate. Most of them will come with the two small bushings on the drivers end of the rack. You'll either want to purchase a new one for the passenger side or reuse the original. This was my situation when I purchased a toyota remanned rack. I also purchased the gaskets for the oil filter housing since you have to remove it in order to get the old rack out.

Oil filter housing oring
Outer tie rods
New d-bushing

Thanks you guys!

What part # for the oil filter housing o ring?

Fellers - Any help on the oil filter housing o ring part number would be great as i am almost ready for this project.

I thought by disconnecting the motor mount and jacking up the motor by about 2", you only have to remove is the oil filter to squeeze the rack out. It is on my list of to-do's when my back finally agrees- so I do not have personal experience.

Fellers - Any help on the oil filter housing o ring part number would be great as i am almost ready for this project.
I'll look for box they shipped in, and get back to you!
I thought by disconnecting the motor mount and jacking up the motor by about 2", you only have to remove is the oil filter to squeeze the rack out. It is on my list of to-do's when my back finally agrees- so I do not have personal experience.
More than one way to skin this cat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom