New rear bumper design (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

haha i have those EXACT same fishin pole holders, they work Great. Verynice bumoer build, hop eto make mine near this Good this summer

Got the skid plates on- 1/4 inch welded to the wings and the rear of the bumper. Before grind and paint
017.jpg
019.jpg
023.jpg

Last edited:
wow. :eek:

just wow. impressive work. :clap: look forward to seeing yr idea for cooler/fuel mount w/ladder.

and many q's...

are you gonna punch drain holes in the rear 1/4 to bumper reinforcement, so's to be able to hose out da gunk after wheeln?

where are you at w/the reciever hitch?

love the ammo cans recovery idea: have you thought about dropping them down low n using the angle of rear liftgate to mount fuel cans? ie: atop spare tire spindle, and thus perfect for no-pour siphoning. :idea:

how do you like those narrow tires? they are definately eye-catching, and I'm due for a new set in the next year or so. reckon you couldn't give input about snow, or rocks, but you prolly know all about mud, yes? :p

and lastly, how the hell do you have an almost 300k rig w/paint that reflects your image in the camera? Damn son, nice looking truck! :cheers:

please let us know when you've set up a sales link in the vendor section: this is a bumper worth saving up for.

Moss-

Skinny tires have treated me well- only been stuck in the mud once and I thick you could have gotten a tank stuck in it.... and it was in an empty lot:doh: Lots of clay and fill debris- they were trying to get rid of an old pond. I was stuck to the frame for 3 hours. They ride nice and I really don't wheel like I should anymore esp with my DD.

Receiver will be similar to the reese or trail hitch type so that I don't have to cut rear cross member but I will cut out a little square out of the bottom lip on the bumper and get it a flush as possible- Again, I really don't wheel that hard and if it drags every then and again so be it. We will see. I need a receiver to tow a small boat and thats about it.

I might drill a flush hole back there- well see how it hold mud and stuff first, but not a bad idea. It has a slight down angle so it should not keep water in there.

Pics are of the can holder prototype, cardboard and tape:)- don't know if it would make it around the block...better use steel. Its a simple tray and then a cap tray (not shown) to keep them from bouncing around. One side of the tray would open for them to slide out. Maybe. might just have to keep it simple. Spacing fits and you can get hatch open and closed without hitting ladder and can tray wont hit tail lights. Still need to figure out arm stops and hold-opens. With the tray you could use my "system" and bolt it on to the swing arm and not need the ladder if you didnt want it. But the ladder besides getting you on the roof is meant as a central mounting spot for the other stuff.

Ladder and spindles have proven stout enough to hold um ugh um 210 lbs with the arms open and me bouncing up and down on it.

Still trying figure out 4 ammo cans in the back- don't like the spacing of 4 but it is the only way to get 4 on there.
004.jpg
006.jpg
008.jpg

Last edited:
Really nice work.

That is looking great, and it fits with the kind of wheeling I like. Not hardcore crawling, just general bashing around and longer trips.

Turns out I'm not moving to NC. Maybe I'll have enough money to get one by the time you move out to Denver. :)

Yep- but I will not be doing anything for the next 2 -3 months, new job and a move. But I will be looking for a good weld/ metal shop in the Denver area to start making them with me once I get settled. This summer when I was building mine the new job opportunity came up and I have had to focus everything on that.

I have never been so busy... But that is good I guess. If anyone want to see it I will be in the bay area for the next 2 months. Leaving on Sunday from Shreveport.

Nice bumper, love the design and the QP protection!

Found a way to put a bike grip on my truck/bumper. Built up the handle with tape, cut the end of the handle off and stuck on the grip. It is a little 3/4 size grip- kind that would go on bar ends of a mt. bike.
handle 1.jpg
handle 2.jpg

No- made it denver, I was milking the few months left of my old tags and dreading emissions testing. Last week I got the process rolling for CO tags, I figured I was not going to pass, no reason other than it is a old truck. I went to get some of that Heet or 105 octane boost. Lady at Napa told me to get some E85, so after a 1 gallon of E85 into a 1/4 tank it passed by a mile.

SWEET....

Wow, I'm going to be building a bumper this year, this is very nice. Thanks for the ideas!

Very nice. I like the square tubing ladder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom