Builds New project, 1969 fj40 (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

E2B5CBF6-9F97-4068-8891-F1B09400E864.jpeg

What a great project! Just a tip here. Make sure you have an LED capable flasher and hazard relay for those rear lights. Without the LED relay your signaling system is going to do some funky stuff.

What a great project! Just a tip here. Make sure you have an LED capable flasher and hazard relay for those rear lights. Without the LED relay your signaling system is going to do some funky stuff.
Those lights are going away ASAP.
As it is, the signals are doing weird things. I can’t wait to get the lights/wiring cleared up and hopefully solve some of it.

Started it up again and watched the gauges. Not sure the fuel is accurate.
the ampmeter modulates with the throttle.
I’ve got it sitting on a charger overnight, I’ll play with it tomorrow and put a meter on it.
Also been trying to get some more paint off, down to the original blue.
have some bondo and possibly fiberglass(?) on the rear corner.

0F80A08F-5618-4D93-9FF9-BC9A995294D1.jpeg

D3EDF261-EB62-4631-A26E-D0618CD58192.jpeg

Took it for a drive today. Did great, ran much better after getting ‘cleaned out’ from sitting so long. more stuff works than doesn’t, which is helpful.
I’d post a video but it seems I can’t.
I also figured out my headlight issue, bad beam selector switch.
Slowly making headway.

Congrats it will be a good project. I am working on mine "68. Owned it 14 years and have never driven it. Hoping to get engine running in next few months. Many things you will go through I have already done. If I can ever help let me know. I am not a pro, but have learned a few things over the years.

I rebuilt 2F from a 76 and put it in. Also took the 4 speed tranny and front axel from 76 and installed them. I also like the 68 body.

Good luck. I may still have some parts that you can have for cheap like the front axel if needed...

Congrats it will be a good project. I am working on mine "68. Owned it 14 years and have never driven it. Hoping to get engine running in next few months. Many things you will go through I have already done. If I can ever help let me know. I am not a pro, but have learned a few things over the years.

I rebuilt 2F from a 76 and put it in. Also took the 4 speed tranny and front axel from 76 and installed them. I also like the 68 body.

Good luck. I may still have some parts that you can have for cheap like the front axel if needed...

If you have time can you take a pic of the linkage between the carb and the gas pedal? I have to find those pieces in all the parts that came with it. Thanks

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom