New OMEs -- Complete with Crack. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've posted links to the 2 problems I've had with mine (the broken leaf and the shifting inserts in the eyes). The broken spring was rectified to my satisfaction almost immediately on contacting ARB USA, and the insert problems I attribute at least partially to the crappy MAF bushings I am running currently.

Those problems considered, I still am very happy with the springs and shocks, and wouldn't dissuade anyone from getting them themselves. This forum allows people to go into the purchase with their eyes wide open, and tends to magnify any problems that exist. As I see it, the lessons are: check over things before you install them, use only OME bushings with OME springs, and make sure the inserts are fixed in place solidly while it's easy (before install).

I wish I had gone through Kurt when I got mine, but this purchase was made before I found this forum.

My $0.02

Last edited:
I have to beleive this is an isolated incident. I bought a set of OMEs back in 1996 and I have put 175K miles on them. That's right, 175,000 miles of torture and abuse. I've completely worn out the bushings but the springs live on.

FWIW circa 1996 OME leafs were an extremely high quality product made in Australia. 2008 Dakars are an economy product produced in Malaysia. Probably still very good value but not the same thing. I had a set of EMUs that I bought in the early 90s and took from truck to truck to truck and finally sold last year. The new owner is enjoying them now. I hope somebody has similar stories in 15 years about the Dakars.

s*** happens kurt will fix it no big deal, other than the time inconvience it may have caused.

I've posted links to the 2 problems I've had with mine (the broken leaf and the shifting inserts in the eyes). The broken spring was rectified to my satisfaction almost immediately on contacting ARB USA, and the insert problems I attribute at least partially to the crappy MAF bushings I am running currently.

Those problems considered, I still am very happy with the springs and shocks, and wouldn't dissuade anyone from getting them themselves. This forum allows people to go into the purchase with their eyes wide open, and tends to magnify any problems that exist. As I see it, the lessons are: check over things before you install them, use only OME bushings with OME springs, and make sure the inserts are fixed in place solidly while it's easy (before install).

I wish I had gone through Kurt when I got mine, but this purchase was made before I found this forum.

My $0.02

Damn, I'm starting to sound like I belong in the 80s section :censor:

x2 on what CruisinFJ60 said

I beleive that the 'old' OME springs were made in Aus by King Springs. In Aus we can buy them still branded as King Springs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom