New Member Intro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

First time I've ever thought 'That will buff right out' and it DID!! Lucky to find such a nice rig.
Good luck and Happy Cruisering!! J

Good afternoon. I’ve been lurking and researching here for some time, but haven’t properly introduced myself. I’m Billy, and as of yesterday I own a ‘89 FJ62, dubbed “Brownie.” She said rust free project from down on the Texas/Mexico border.
I previously had an FJ60 back in college, and we’ve immensely regretted getting rid of it 15yrs ago. Since then I’ve been into track cars and track days, but with 2 young sons, a track car that they can’t ride in, and track days they can’t attend, just didn’t make sense any more. I wanted something my boys could enjoy with me and grow up proud of. I grew up wirh an 84FJ 60, and after owning one in college,my wife were in agreement that I should sell my track car and start shopping for a 60 series. So….off went my track toy to live on with a fellow speed junky, and that evening I found Brownie on Facebook Market Place, and soon made a deal, and yesterday drove down and hauled her home.

View attachment 2713701

Welcome! Nice looking 62, dude!

My wife created an Instagram for Landy, just cause we know you all wanna follow along on the journey.
@landycruiser

image.jpg
Looks straight and really nice. Looks like you have a front seal in your future wrenching with the boys!
View attachment 2713869 More pics! And welcome!
539CF506-7542-405B-80C3-D2E214AB0D7F.jpeg

Fine you’re right. But I stand my early comment that it was just dirt when I picked it up. And yes I have to keep a pan under her.

View attachment 2837932
Fine you’re right. But I stand my early comment that it was just dirt when I picked it up. And yes I have to keep a pan under her.
Only one pan? I think I have 3! I'm up in Temple and still working on mine. Been almost a year. Very patient wife.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom