New Member Introduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone! I'm brand new to this forum, and the 4x4 world itself, and wanted to introduce myself. I've worked on old cars and motorcycle for awhile now, having a 1966 Mustang and a 1975 Honda CB750F motorcycle, but never really dabbled in 4x4s. My close friend is heavily involved in 4x4s and offroading owning various jeeps and toyotas and made me kind of jealous. I wanted to get a vintage 4x4 that I could go on adventures with such as camping, offroading, learn new mechanical skills, and for general enjoyment. I found this 1985 FJ60 in Sandpoint, ID for, what I think, a decent price and brought it down to my native Oregon.

This 1985 FJ60 comes equipped with the six-cylinder 2F with 231k miles, and has a myriad of mods listed below:
- H55F 5-speed manual conversion
- OME 2.5" lift kit w/ man-a-free anti-inversion shackles
- Terrain tamer tie rod ends & drag links
- 5x Nomad convoy wheel in 15x7 -10
- 5x BF Goodrich KO2 33x10.5x15 tires
- 4 Plus Products front bumper
- Warn VR10s winch w/ factor55 Prolink
- Hella rallye lights
- IPF H4 conversion headlights
- Bluetooth Sony stereo w/ upgraded speakers throughout
- Stainless breaded brake lines
- 4x4 Labs rear bumper w/ dual swing out
- ARB Base Rack
- Go Fast Camper superlite roof top tent
- Roam 5' Awning
- Specter Offroad seat covers
- One Stone Armrests

The radiator, hoses, and clutch fan have all been replaced. The power steering reservoir, pump, and pressure hose have all been swapped for new components. New ignition parts have been swapped into the engine.

20230814_165816.jpg
20230814_165808.jpg
20230814_165825.jpg
20230814_165710.jpg
20230814_165834.jpg

I'm excited for all the adventures I will taking with this beast and all the skills I will learn through this forum for any and all issues that arise.

Fun Fact: I found out through the carfax report that this very FJ60 was sold brand new at a Toyota dealership in 1985 only 30 minutes from where I live!

Hello everyone! I'm brand new to this forum, and the 4x4 world itself, and wanted to introduce myself. I've worked on old cars and motorcycle for awhile now, having a 1966 Mustang and a 1975 Honda CB750F motorcycle, but never really dabbled in 4x4s. My close friend is heavily involved in 4x4s and offroading owning various jeeps and toyotas and made me kind of jealous. I wanted to get a vintage 4x4 that I could go on adventures with such as camping, offroading, learn new mechanical skills, and for general enjoyment. I found this 1985 FJ60 in Sandpoint, ID for, what I think, a decent price and brought it down to my native Oregon.

This 1985 FJ60 comes equipped with the six-cylinder 2F with 231k miles, and has a myriad of mods listed below:
- H55F 5-speed manual conversion
- OME 2.5" lift kit w/ man-a-free anti-inversion shackles
- Terrain tamer tie rod ends & drag links
- 5x Nomad convoy wheel in 15x7 -10
- 5x BF Goodrich KO2 33x10.5x15 tires
- 4 Plus Products front bumper
- Warn VR10s winch w/ factor55 Prolink
- Hella rallye lights
- IPF H4 conversion headlights
- Bluetooth Sony stereo w/ upgraded speakers throughout
- Stainless breaded brake lines
- 4x4 Labs rear bumper w/ dual swing out
- ARB Base Rack
- Go Fast Camper superlite roof top tent
- Roam 5' Awning
- Specter Offroad seat covers
- One Stone Armrests

The radiator, hoses, and clutch fan have all been replaced. The power steering reservoir, pump, and pressure hose have all been swapped for new components. New ignition parts have been swapped into the engine.

View attachment 3436763View attachment 3436764View attachment 3436765View attachment 3436766View attachment 3436767

I'm excited for all the adventures I will taking with this beast and all the skills I will learn through this forum for any and all issues that arise.

Fun Fact: I found out through the carfax report that this very FJ60 was sold brand new at a Toyota dealership in 1985 only 30 minutes from where I live!
You have a pic of your 75 CB750F?

Dude, nice truck. I cant tell if its white or silver... some pics it looks white some it looks silver. Either way. Our trucks are very similar. Still havent gotten my 4xlabs rear bumper but maybe one day. Welcome from Oregon as well! If you are ever in the northern part give me a shout!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom