New Member Intro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandyCruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
Good afternoon. I’ve been lurking and researching here for some time, but haven’t properly introduced myself. I’m Billy, and as of yesterday I own a ‘89 FJ62, dubbed “Brownie.” She said rust free project from down on the Texas/Mexico border.
I previously had an FJ60 back in college, and we’ve immensely regretted getting rid of it 15yrs ago. Since then I’ve been into track cars and track days, but with 2 young sons, a track car that they can’t ride in, and track days they can’t attend, just didn’t make sense any more. I wanted something my boys could enjoy with me and grow up proud of. I grew up wirh an 84FJ 60, and after owning one in college,my wife were in agreement that I should sell my track car and start shopping for a 60 series. So….off went my track toy to live on with a fellow speed junky, and that evening I found Brownie on Facebook Market Place, and soon made a deal, and yesterday drove down and hauled her home.

11B034FC-2BDE-419B-BE8E-69CD0396ACC9.jpeg

Good afternoon. I’ve been lurking and researching here for some time, but haven’t properly introduced myself. I’m Billy, and as of yesterday I own a ‘89 FJ62, dubbed “Brownie.” She said rust free project from down on the Texas/Mexico border.
I previously had an FJ60 back in college, and we’ve immensely regretted getting rid of it 15yrs ago. Since then I’ve been into track cars and track days, but with 2 young sons, a track car that they can’t ride in, and track days they can’t attend, just didn’t make sense any more. I wanted something my boys could enjoy with me and grow up proud of. I grew up wirh an 84FJ 60, and after owning one in college,my wife were in agreement that I should sell my track car and start shopping for a 60 series. So….off went my track toy to live on with a fellow speed junky, and that evening I found Brownie on Facebook Market Place, and soon made a deal, and yesterday drove down and hauled her home.

View attachment 2713701
Welcome to the insanity :flipoff2:

Looks straight and really nice. Looks like you have a front seal in your future wrenching with the boys!
22B2998E-BB47-4F78-82F9-1D9B2E8B362A.jpeg
More pics! And welcome!

Looks straight and really nice. Looks like you have a front seal in your future wrenching with the boys!
View attachment 2713869 More pics! And welcome!
Ahh that’s just dirt! But she does need the a water pump, fan, fan clutch, all new belts, radiator hoses, freeze plugs, possibly a radiator (an inspection by a rad shop at least) as well as draining and cleaning the fuel tank and fuel lines, she fired up on starter fluid, but didn’t like the gummy fuel that’s been sitting in the lines for 1.5-2yrs. Previous owner “noted” a “radiator” leak and began adding leak stop. Small bottles at first, then by the gallon.
Bearing on the water pump went out. We noticed, after cutting the fan belt off to drive it up on the trailer, that the fan is wobbly, and when you spin and wobble it, the pump dumps coolant, she continued to pee the 5 HR drove home as the fan spun freely in the wind. So hopefully those gallons of leak stop didn’t stay in the system long enough to damage the radiator.
But…. NO oil leaks. 🤣

Billy!! Look at you already posting😆. Guess I also need to do an introduction post
Can’t wait to check out your rig soon

Billy!! Look at you already posting😆. Guess I also need to do an introduction post
Can’t wait to check out your rig soon
Come over when ever bro….. every one, it’s his fault. Made me realize just how bad I missed mine. And I immediately started following the market again. I can’t believe what it cost me to get back in, compared to what we sold the FJ60 for. $10k not running vs $3.5k daily driver

Is it weird to say I have undercarriage envy?!

Wheels are cleaning up nicely, and the new dash cap fits like a glove, after a little trimming on the cap and the dash

16254740-E77D-41B5-823A-B01CC4EDB04C.jpeg

6B84DC6D-119B-4056-BFF0-A6B4F2148E79.jpeg

FF1920DC-F169-4A98-BA87-8D9E3C14F18B.jpeg

6F0E2B26-D6FB-428A-8F45-3000265331C0.jpeg

E0DB1DF4-FCA2-4AC4-9DC9-A8279D1A0BB9.jpeg

Really nice - I'm excited for you and your sons. I've learned a lot on this forum. Use the search feature and don't hesitate to ask questions. Many times I end up asking after searching because the key words don't match up.
Have fun, stay safe, and enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom