New LC 300? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RedHeadedStepChild

Proudly wearing my MC1R mutation!
Threads
https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/2016-toyota-land-cruiser-leaked-083000597.html

I find it a bit of a shrug...:meh:.
I love my wife's 2015 4Runner, but other than that, I've come to expect very little from Toyota.

What do you think?

upload_2015-6-1_11-2-31.png

The real questions are how many black flags can you attach to it, how many guys with AK's you can fit inside. Let's remember the target audience.

Still looks a bajillion times better than the LX.

Plain, bland, boring, but at least less bubbly looking than current. They really shouldn't let engineers design these trucks, that's what it reminds me off, the old boring engineering school buildings compared to the cool architecture school buildings. Perfect buildings in every way, but just a shoebox.

Did some more googling and facelift is the consensus. No new engine options or anything with the suspension.
Some Interior tweaks and new gadgets.

I'll take a totally rebuilt 80 or 60/62 with a swap any day over that. One can be built for $25K-40K less than the new model depending on how much of the work you can do yourself.

Plain, bland, boring, but at least less bubbly looking than current. They really shouldn't let engineers design these trucks, that's what it reminds me off, the old boring engineering school buildings compared to the cool architecture school buildings. Perfect buildings in every way, but just a shoebox.

Engineers designed the 70 series. Strong, dependable, and many configurations. Designers and soccer mom focus groups designed the current Land Cruiser.

Sadly I think plain, bland, and boring is almost all I expect from the new Toyota designs these days. I'd argue that 1997 was Toyota's best styling year on almost all of their cars. I still want a 6-speed twin turbo Supra, and another 80 with factory lockers.

Is that actually a Toyota?
What's really interesting is that Carroll Shelby & Shelby American made several racing versions of this car for SCCA racing, I think Group C racing. The Toyota 2000GT is such a cool car and it was the predecessor to the Toyota Supra.

monterey2007002.jpg

...and here I was thinking the Datsun Zs were to coolest Japanese sports cars of that age.
Those are some great looking cars, can't believe I hadn't ever seen anything on them.

...and here I was thinking the Datsun Zs were to coolest Japanese sports cars of that age.
Those are some great looking cars, can't believe I hadn't ever seen anything on them.
I should post this picture too. Toyota made so few of these cars that I'd be willing to bet this was probably most of them in this photograph. I imagine the LCs weren't made too far from this assembly line. The sixties was an absolute amazing time for car styling, I could talk about it for days. However, I need to stop posting sports cars to the Land Cruiser forum :)

tumblr_l97k482WPS1qba58fo1_1280.jpg

Wait, wait, wait... Are you saying modern Toyota styling can't hang with cars from the 60s?:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom