New King 3.0 Setup for the 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
King showing off their new setup at a UAE show.

Couldn't find any specs, but looks legit. Rears look to have external compression and rebound adjustments, not just the knob.

....Oh and that bumper!

I LOVE THAT BUMPER! If anyone knows who makes it please let me know.

They squeezed bypasses into the rear of the 200??? Wow.

Wonder when they start to offer it through us dealers. UAE dealers quote 5K$ for a kit. Bit too steep

IMG_6153.JPG

IMG_6154.JPG

SQOD: Will this work with stock spring? Would it be pointless? I want to find a way to stop the jarring when I hit big bumps.

The other salient feature of 3.0 and larger Kings (IIRC): They use much larger and heavier duty #12 spherical bearings for the mounts. #10s are OK but almost 2x the replacement frequency compared to #12. I had my Radflo rear's custom fabbed with #12s and haven't regretted that decision.

I'm working with King and BajaKits to test a set of these 3.0's on my build. The BajaKit Upper and Lower control arms were spec'd to work with both the 2.5 and 3.0 but the 3.0's were not ready yet when they built my truck last October. The main market they are targeting is the UAE/Middle East. I'll update as I learn more.

Never used bypasses. Heard they "click". How annoying is it?

I run King bypasses on all four corners of my Tundra and have never noticed the clicking from inside my cab. I've been in some open buggies with bypasses and can hear the clicking when running in the whoops. I don't think it is an issue in a closed cab vehicle.

I'm working with King and BajaKits to test a set of these 3.0's on my build. The BajaKit Upper and Lower control arms were spec'd to work with both the 2.5 and 3.0 but the 3.0's were not ready yet when they built my truck last October. The main market they are targeting is the UAE/Middle East. I'll update as I learn more.

Do you have an update on the Kings and Bajakits? I see they are both available, did you ever get them installed?

Do you have an update on the Kings and Bajakits? I see they are both available, did you ever get them installed?
No, unfortunately I've been so busy, I've been unable to coordinate anything with Bajakits to get the 3.0 upgrade done.

No, unfortunately I've been so busy, I've been unable to coordinate anything with Bajakits to get the 3.0 upgrade done.

Did you already buy the 3.0 kit, have you heard anything about the kit? I don't know anyone that has them. Do you know if it's a straight bolt on with the upper arms? Have you done a comparison with Total Chaos vs Bajakits?

Did you already buy the 3.0 kit, have you heard anything about the kit? I don't know anyone that has them. Do you know if it's a straight bolt on with the upper arms? Have you done a comparison with Total Chaos vs Bajakits?

No, I have not purchased kit. Straight bolt on to my Baja Kits UCA as they specifically designed the kit around the King 3.0's at the request of the market in the Middle East. King was not in production yet so it wasn't available when Baja Kits did my build. I did not compare TC vs Baja Kits.

King notes that an aftermarket upper arm is required for these 3.0" coil overs. I'll be speaking with them this week, and will find out availability.... I may try a set out on the 2009, they will need to be optimized for the Tundra arms I run... a little extra travel is in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom