New FJ40 owner and pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

So I'm the lucky(?) new owner of a 72 FJ40. Wanted to introduce myself, post a few pics and see what everyone thinks.

I got it for $1500. I'm looking to address major mechanicals/cosmetics and turn it into a weekend driver. It runs, albeit roughly. I know the PO, and he is positive it's a problem with the Webber. Stock carb is included but he thinks theres a vacuum leak somewhere. 4 wheel drive works, brand new wiring harness. Interior is trashed but I'm going to throw an area rug down and rhino line the floors anyway.
Frame looks pretty solid to me, but pics make it look worse than it is. Body is rough. Visible welds around back panels.

Overall, how'd I do?

Chris
Photo Oct 05, 2 56 43 PM.jpg
Photo Oct 05, 2 58 57 PM.jpg
Photo Oct 05, 2 59 04 PM.jpg
Photo Oct 05, 2 56 33 PM.jpg
Photo Oct 05, 2 56 13 PM.jpg

Bezel is upside down, roof is not a '72 but older, turn signals are not original and those are some interesting fender flares. I agree that the Weber is your problem and I've not even seen it. Look up 'Trollhole carbs' to make your life much easier.

'72 is a fantastic year-enjoy your new toy and spend time on mud to help you with projects. Welcome!

yep, nice truck, you will love it when you get it fixed...x2 trollhole carbs

Nice, get it safe and enjoy it

Agree w/Chamba--go back to OEM carb.. The rear hatch looks to be in good shape, as does the engine compartment. Nice find for the price. Enjoy!

Neat truck just the right combination of mad max, Frankenstein, and buckaroo banzai. :)

I'm not sure, but I think I think those fender flares are awesome...I think...

Good looking ride so far for the money.
What brand is that vibration eliminator (tennis ball)?
Get it safe and on the road.

Neat truck just the right combination of mad max, Frankenstein, and buckaroo banzai. :)

Wait... Somebody else knows John Lithgow's best movie? And Ellen Barkin's? I mean...Ellen who?

Oh, nice 40, TMcA. Good deal on it. We'll probably have to hate you.

--john

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom