New Falken A/T4W (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

40K pic of my SL/P-rated Wildpeak AT3Ws, in 265/70R17. Several thousand miles towing our camper, lots of miles aired down at 15-18 psi wheeling, lots of gravel miles around here. Our rocks are sharp rhyolite and chert. Zero flats, but I did get some sand in the bead doing donuts on a gravel bar when aired down.

I thought they might be done by 45K but judging by other pics on here....maybe not. Was planning to put on a replacement set of 33s before a CO trip in September....not going to throw money away if these are still good though.
20240112_171117.jpg

We should get another thread going with pics of tires at various mileages.

Here's my Toyo AT3s at 32k miles which on its own is pretty good. In contrast to my Falken A/T3Ws, seem to be wearing much faster. Then again, it started with what seemed to be much less tread depth.

View attachment 3531296
Here are my Toyos AT3s(P rated FWIW) at around 27k miles. I'll post some of my Falkens when it is a bit warmer. Around 0⁰ here today.

20240112_155744.jpg

I've got the Toyo ATIIIs currently, LT285/70-18 Load E - IMO they've been a significant upgrade from the RG's in the same size. Truthfully, I missed a couple of rotations and they went to noisy garbage shockingly quick. I first tried the RG's on my Tundra so I went with them on the LC, but anyone who rode in my LC commented on the tire noise.
My Toyo's are significantly less noisy, even with 10k miles on them now. I haven't had much time on snow/ice/rain with them but what little I have, they seem to be adequate.

The new Falkens AT4 look like a great tire and I'd consider it when I'm due, I did noticed the weight: My Toyo's in a Load rating of E are 57lbs each and the AT4's in the same size are listed at a C Load rating and the weight is 68lbs? That's a pretty good jump in weight.

I think AT4Ws are probably my next tire. I share @mrlittlejeans’ excitement about the 285/70r18 and 285/75r18 sizes. Score.

"...proprietary 3-ply DURASPEC Sidewall Technology on select sizes"

How does a buyer know which sizes have the 3-ply sidewall?? Their website and PDF do not say.

I like what i am seeing in this new Falken!! Seems like a great tire…checks a lot of the boxes for AT shoppers. But I have two issues:

1. 3-ply sidewall is only in “some” sizes….how the heck does a consumer know when it comes time to order??
Look under the "sidewall stamp" column in the pdf Download PDF

Look under the "sidewall stamp" column in the pdf Download PDF
Thanks. Did they just add that?! Maybe I am blind.

Strange that Duraspec is very limited! 285/65/18 for example does not have the 3-ply. :(

Interesting thread, and good information on tread wear. I know AT tires wear faster than highway tires do, but these pics make me like my Defenders even more. At 35k miles they still look great. Granted this is with limited and easy off road use, but with a fair number of towing miles in the Florida summer heat.
IMG_0323.jpeg

My KO2 at 42k miles...rotated every 5k. PSI 46 per recommendation.

1705248430182.png

1705248409936.png

My 02 ... I'm riding on the Falken Wildpeaks now and have what seems to be a bad belt in one tire with around 1k miles on them. No joy from the dealer. I had the Toyo AT3's before that and they started cupping pretty bad and only lasted to about 25k miles.

Thanks. Did they just add that?! Maybe I am blind.

Strange that Duraspec is very limited! 285/65/18 for example does not have the 3-ply. :(
Looks like they just added that column, definitely was there for the RT01 PDF I posted a couple days ago but was not there in the ATW4 PDF.

just put a set on my 2000 Tundra yesterday, the guy at the shop said i was the second truck to get them, the first was a guy with a 4rnr.
they ride nice. Making the old man truck look pretty sweet.

I just saw a video and unfortunately don't see the full depth sipes on these still from the top, maybe full depth sipes are hidden down that are shorter. It isn't like the defender picture above.

I also have seen other tires that claims to have full depth sipes, but actual tire picture of a new tire just doesn't look that way.

Last edited:
I just saw a video and unfortunately don't see the full depth sipes on these still from the top, maybe full depth sipes are hidden down that are shorter. It isn't like the defender picture above.

I also have seen other tires that claims to have full depth sipes, but actual tire picture of a new tire just doesn't look that way.

The sipes are not cut to the edge of the blocks. So you can't judge whether they are full depth or not from that perspective.

Toyo At3 at 31k. 275/70/18 E rated. Decent amount of offroad use but mostly hwy miles. Have gotten noticeably louder lately but I don't really care.

20240118_175257.jpg

The sipes are not cut to the edge of the blocks. So you can't judge whether they are full depth or not from that perspective.
It looks like the sipes run to the edge of the blocks in the middle of the tire, and they look very shallow. I suppose they could be deeper in the middle of the blocks but I doubt it

I wonder if the weight on the 285/70R18 on the PDF is an error. It shows 68lbs in load range C (6 ply) but the 285/75R18 is showing 67.2lbs in load range E (10 ply), which doesn't make a lot of sense.

285.75R18 Falken.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom