New F & 2F carbs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for fielding my questions. Carb ordered.

Last piece of the puzzle for my entirely new fuel system.

When I spoke on the phone with THC last week, they told me 1-2 weeks before they get in.

Now that’s in regards to my order last week, so you might be in a different batch.

I am looking for a new carb for my '73 (pre 9/73) fj40. What carb do I need and where do I go to place an order?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Hey, I placed an order about a week and a half ago for a 60 series carb and I was wondering when I can expect it?

Marshall, I ordered a carb back in July and haven't received it or heard anything. I'm not sure how to contact you privately- seems better than communicating in this post. Are you able to ping me with an update or advise that you no longer import carbs and can issue me a refund?
Thanks.
Joe

Do you have any carbs for a 2F available or are you going to be placing an order soon?

Seems Marshall is out of carbs, you could try City racer

I have a carb, but what about distributors?

Looking for the 2F Toyota non-USA with vacuum advance.

Thanks!

I decided to install my OEM carb back on my vehicle after having it rebuilt. If anyone is interested in a brand new Trollhole Carb, let me know.

After several attempts to order a carb with no reply, I ordered the Holley Sniper kit.
You will be pleased with the Sniper if you haven't already installed one. Fired my rig up for the first time yesterday after installing the Sniper along with new radiator, fan clutch, water pump, power steering pump and rebuilt steering box. Yes, had a lot going on when we turned the key for the first time since all this work. Totally different and improved driving experience with the Sniper. My rig was always a slow starter when it sat for an extended period as in a week or more. I had not fired the motor in over 3 months and it hit on the first turn of the key and ran like butter. Major upgrade IMO. Sounds like several are looking for the stock carb so will list my rebuilt unit I removed in the Classified section when I get a chance.

I am finally putting miles on my rig. It has a brand new gas tank, filter, hard and soft lines and fuel pump. Finished off with a trollhole carb and ethanol free gas.

Today, after a 15 min cruise and parked for 20 minutes, the motor was flooded. Took me putting six new plugs in it to barely get it home.

Upon inspection, my carburetor is just pouring gas into the intake. I have a video looking down into the carb after the truck runs for 30-60 seconds. Looks like you’re boiling a pot of water down in it.

@Trollhole need some assistance on this one.

Not the best photo attached below, but you can see smoke/vapor steaming out of the inboard side of carb.

E7CBB62A-5408-4DB7-A848-C48D7F7D5639.jpeg

Holley Sniper is looking real good right now.

I am finally putting miles on my rig. It has a brand new gas tank, filter, hard and soft lines and fuel pump. Finished off with a trollhole carb and ethanol free gas.

Today, after a 15 min cruise and parked for 20 minutes, the motor was flooded. Took me putting six new plugs in it to barely get it home.

Upon inspection, my carburetor is just pouring gas into the intake. I have a video looking down into the carb after the truck runs for 30-60 seconds. Looks like you’re boiling a pot of water down in it.

@Trollhole need some assistance on this one.

Not the best photo attached below, but you can see smoke/vapor steaming out of the inboard side of carb.

View attachment 2285681

Holley Sniper is looking real good right now.
I had the same thing happen with mine. I am pretty sure there was debris getting into the needle valve so I installed a filter between the fuel pump and carb. Also make sure you have the wire that goes to the carb connected properly. You may need to pull the carb apart to check the needle valve.

I pulled the air horn off and cleaned everything. Also adjusted the float per FSM.

Seems to be running better.

@WaTrout88 I assume you had to cut the hard line then, where did you place the filter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom