New F & 2F carbs

The new carb that you sent me really makes the engine alive. Best investment for my '70 FJ40 yet. I do have a question. I have a problem with starting the FJ up after it sits awhile (a week or more). I have to put my hand over the carb to produce enough vacuum to get fuel up to the carb to start. I think I have the choke fully closed but I still have to put my hand over the throat to get it to start. After that the FJ starts fine. What Can I do? I currently have a after market air filter on it right now.

Thanks,
Buck

myquestoyota

SILVER Star
I love my TH carb, runs like a top but the fuel drains out of the bowl overnight. Looks to be seeping out but cannot tighten the bolts that hold the jets I think any more. Thought I would take them out and replace the washers but it feels like I will strip something, they are that hard to remove. If I take them apart and ruin a gasket, where do I get a kit?

Hi.
I'm looking for a distributor for a 82 Fj40. Engine is full-smog, and stock. Do you have any for sale?
Thanks!

Payment sent for a 2F (1987 FJ60). I bought one for my FJ40 a few years ago and it is Awesome! Hoping for the same results with my 60! Thanks Marshall!

Thank you Marshall and team! I received my carb last week and have been busy working to get it fitted. This unit is replacing my Weber carb. One thing to note, I ordered a base plate from SOR which took significant work to get a good flush fit (pulled out breather and bent straight).

Can someone tell me if I need to cap this valve cover breather? Also, where does the electrical plug go from the carb?

Thank you!

bkfj40

SILVER Star

I love my TH carb, runs like a top but the fuel drains out of the bowl overnight. Looks to be seeping out but cannot tighten the bolts that hold the jets I think any more. Thought I would take them out and replace the washers but it feels like I will strip something, they are that hard to remove. If I take them apart and ruin a gasket, where do I get a kit?
Wondering if this issue ever was resolved...It seems as though there were some other comments on the hard starts after sitting.

Top Bottom