New CSC Member #521 Josh Wozniak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome to the club!

welcome!

Welcome to the club!

Please welcome Josh ( @cooziecup ) to Copper State Cruisers.

Josh has a 1996 80 Series bone stock. Please tell us about the plans for your truck and how you acquired it.

Steve
Thanks, Steve!

I plunged into the Land Cruiser wormhole just a couple of months ago; purchased this ‘96 FZJ80 in Nightshadow Pearl. No, it doesn’t have factory lockers...

Been dabbling on these forums for (in)formal education on the Land Cruiser, shopping OEM parts and DIY fixes. So, thank you all for the information!

Decided to purchase my next favorite Toyota vehicle so that I’m not dependent on my work vehicle 7 days a week. Plus, its standard cab is no good for child safety seats. Been shopping around for an early-80’s Toyota 4x4 P/U (you know, the old 22R engine) for years and finally wrote that idea off since they’re not conducive to hauling toddlers around. So, I tripped and fell into this quagmire of Land Cruiser madness.

I’d been shopping around the internet for an 80-series with sliding rear windows and finding vehicles mainly east of the Mississippi. My mechanic said not to bring him any rust buckets and actually found this vehicle locally on Craigslist while we were on the phone! My new vehicle spent its first 20 years in Southern California with two owners. When I bought it a couple of months ago, I became owner number four. My trusted mechanic gave it a thorough going over and agreed to work on it moving forward - since it isn’t a rust bucket. After a few new seals and gaskets, new transmission filter kit and fluid, new tires, and slight cosmetic work on the RF fender, she’s home sweet home.

My plan going forward is to replace worn out parts and pieces with as much OEM products as I can find. Little stuff like window moulding, bumper corners, louvers, steering wheel and shift knob covers, etc. I did, however, change tire size from the stock 275 70/16 to 265 70/16. I didn’t like the offerings in the stock size, so I decided on Falken Wilderness AT3W. So far, so good.

Current upgrades in progress are adding in some missing exterior and interior trim, and new antenna mast... If I bring my mast replacement kit to the July meeting, can I get some expert assistance with install? I’ll buy you a round or two.

I’ve upgraded the stereo, amp, and speakers; along with the subwoofer bracket from Whole Hog Technology.

I also just learned about the “clubs” section here on the site. So, I’m happy to have become member #521.

I hope this post is sufficient enough for an introduction. I look forward to interacting here with you all and crossing paths in the future!

Welcome! But the post is entirely insufficient... it needs pics!!!

Whoops...!
cooziecup.jpeg

Tires look aggressive, I like it. Actually, I can't remember the last time I saw a bone stock 80, so you may be the most unique member in the club! Welcome aboard,

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom