New CSC Member #504 GeoYota (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I’ll update this post with some more info and photos once I’m off the airport wifi and tablet!

In brief...my wife and I moved to Arizona last November settling in Cave Creek with our rescue black labs.

We have enjoyed camping and wheeling in Arizona while on vacation for the past few years, and new career turns gave us the opportunity to enjoy the local trails as full time residents.

Our 2003 Tacoma Double Cab is an SR5 4x4 model with the factory TRD Off Road package in black pearl.

Since acquiring it in early 2015 I have added OME suspension, an ARB bull bar front bumper, and a second set of BFG AT KO2’s (265/75/16) on Raceline wheels. I’ve kept the engine stock as well as the gearing at 4.10.

I’m also searching for an FJ Cruiser for my wife Daphne so she can enjoy the dirt from her own drivers seat.

Hoping to meet and greet a few folks in the near future!

Last edited:
Welcome to the club John!

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for all the welcome messages...very nice!

A few photos of our Tacoma out and about...

Cruising Anza Borrego
IMG_9272.JPG

Poking around the old Boron Prison/USAF site (now razed sad to say)
Boron taco.jpg

Headed towards Toroweep Overlook, November of 2018
DSC_0097.JPG

DSC_0126.JPG

We really enjoy exploring our new home state, and recently made a loop trip out to the Verde River and the Sheep's Bridge crossing off of FSR269, wrapping up at the trailhead just off of I17, near Aqua Fria National Monument.

I will throw together a build/adventure tracking thread in the Gen 1 area of IH8MUD so as not to clutter this welcome area with unnecessary posts.

Sidebar...I've been a Toyota guy pretty much my whole life. But I had a nice 6.5 year run in this Titan Swapped 2005 Gen 2 Xterra...

Sevenmile Rim, Moab UT
moabsilvercrack.JPG

I like Tacos! Welcome aboard,

I like Tacos! Welcome aboard,

Thanks...just read all 5 pages of your 2014-15 STL Permit ordeal...WOW! I just paid for, downloaded and printed my 2019-20 STL permit as I know we will eventually cross some STL land while exploring the new home state.

Side note: we purchased an STL permit back in 2017 as instructed when we were mountain biking outside Tucson, at the Fantasy Island trail system. There was a notice at the trail head (very nice information) and we purchased and printed the permit in the business center of the hotel we were staying in at the time. I displayed the permit on my dashboard (no hang tag at the time) and kept a copy of the Family Permit in my hydration pack. We never had an issue, or saw anyone enforcing the permit compliance, but I'm glad we were prepared after reading all of your ordeal.

I owe you a cup of coffee/ice cold beer for the reminder to grab our new pemit...and for the lengthy but incredible tale of courthouse weaving with final resolution.

It wasn't fun, I'll leave it at that. The court may realize that once word gets out in the local clubs, permit revenue goes through the roof! Glad you have yours, and I recommend them to everyone on Jan1 as a reminder if you spend a lot of time exploring the outdoors. Take care,

Welcome!

Well, we grabbed a new addition to our Toyota livery:

Carvana | Buy Used Cars Online & Skip The Dealership

So far, Carvana has been a very positive experience having never bought a vehicle sight unseen from our kitchen counter top. The process was pretty simple, and we are looking forward to getting our "coin" at pickup and vending our new to us FJC! I'll update with some photos after Saturday.

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom