New carb on my FJ86 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello
I am new to this I just got my 86 a year ago I’ve but the DUI distributed on and it runs fantastic a lot smoother, now what I want to do is to put a bigger carb. I saw a video on yt (Chanel name: d2_motor) if you find there video where they have an fj40 with a F2 engine they put a Edelbrock 1406 carb on there stock manifold... I see the adapter they used and it looks really great. I know the stock carb is best but can this be an option? I’m newbie so take it easy on me. I understand that if you change a carb it runs the chance of not letting the proper HAC or egr systems run is that true.

putting a bigger carb on isn't going to do anything for you other than give you a headache an drain your wallet. With a stock engine a well tuned stock carb will be your best bet. If you want to spend some money then seriously consider doing the Holley Sniper conversion. This will improve your driveability and starting.

putting a bigger carb on isn't going to do anything for you other than give you a headache an drain your wallet. With a stock engine a well tuned stock carb will be your best bet. If you want to spend some money then seriously consider doing the Holley Sniper conversion. This will improve your driveability and starting.

Thank you for the speedy reply, okay yeah I was wondering that, thank you tho but I understand that the 2f is a tractor engine it’s really good for low end, but is there any engine mods I can put to at least increase it a little bit?

The best thing you can do is make sure you are up to date on all your filters, running good plugs, wires, cap, rotor. Make sure your valve clearance is set properly and your timing is set properly. Make sure you don't have any vacuum leaks or exhaust leaks. I'm assuming you live somewhere that doesn't require emission testing so if so you could....if not already done....remove the air pump and EGR systems.

Aside from that there isn't much you can do to make the engine any more powerful without spending $$$$. If you find a 3FE engine you can put the top end on your 2F engine...this will increase your compression ratio and then you can run the truck with the Fuel injection from the 3FE. This is probably the biggest increase in performance you will get unless you turbo charge it.

you live in LA? whatever you do still needs to pass thru your emissions, and visual look over.

Even the DUI will fail smog... Have you had a smog test, yet ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom