New aisin fan clutch alignment marks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve got a new aisin blue clutch for fjz80. I was going to take it apart, replace the fluid and check the temp setting. However I see it has these blue sharpie marks which I would assume supposed to align for balancing?
Any of you guys had experience with these? Thanks

The marks are only on one side of the clutch in your pictures so wouldn’t do much for aligning it. I ordered one back in November 2017 and it didn’t have marks. I took it apart, changed fluid, and stick it back together using the fins to get it aligned. It’s working great.

The marks are only on one side of the clutch in your pictures so wouldn’t do much for aligning it. I ordered one back in November 2017 and it didn’t have marks. I took it apart, changed fluid, and stick it back together using the fins to get it aligned. It’s working great.
I was worried about the balancing being potentially messed up, but I now I think those sharpie marks were used as reference marks TO get it balanced. That’s all assuming they do some kind of balancing other than relying on the fluid to do that.

The marks are on both sides of the clutch and the face.

Just mark it now and set it back up like that. I didn’t worry about that when I opened mine so either I got lucky and put it back the same way, or it doesn’t matter. Just use the right sized screwdriver and you won’t mess up any of the screws.

Interesting, I have one new in box here that I received last week. It has blue Sharpie on it too, but it's not obvious what it was used for. Mine is marked on the same bolt ear and between the same fins as yours, but I have a dot on the left edge of the Aisin logo pad (can't see for your stud), and don't have the furthest left mark you do.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom