New 90 series Members say hi here first. Chit chat ok (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi All,

I figured I should say hello. Bought my 1995 LC wtih ust 10k miles in 1995 - cashed out part of my 401K to do it (best stupid move I've ever made). I only drive her now when I go on surfing or on an adventure. 139k miles and still pulls like a champ. Found the site looking for a fix for my sticking passenger and now drivers side power seats. Hopefully, the gamiviti fix will solve my issue!

Hey guys. Im mark from the philippines and i just got myself a used prado 90 kzj95 manual transmission. I love the car its solid and functional. Problem is i have a hard clutch pedal. Already replaced pressure plate and clutch disc. It was soft for a bit then now back to being hard.

Hi, I'm Henrik from Norway. I have a Toyota Land Cruiser (Prado) KDJ95L-GKPNYW (1 KD-FTV motor and A343F automatic transmission). Bought my car in 2005 - it had originally been sold in Sweden in 2000.

Have had some issues, but the car has overall been quite reliable. :)

HI I'm from NZ and this is my manual '98 1kzte, it's stock at the moment but my first mod will be a snorkel in early January.
20171119_143521.jpg

Hi all like to introduce myself, my name is Mike Hall and I live in a small mining town called Jwaneng in Botswana. I have just taken delivery of my new (to me) 2001 VZJ95 Prado 3.4 V6. She is in startlingly good condition and believe it or not has only 70000km on the clock. This could or could not be a bad thing as the vehicle stood for a significant amount of time under cover thankfully but standing is usually never a good thing. She is stock standard and finances permitting I will be making a few modifications as I get to know her. Looking forward to spending some time with like minded people and gathering as much information as possible from those out there more knowledgeable than me. Attached image is not the best taken with my cell phone. I will post better ones soon.

New baby.jpg

Hi everyone,

I’m Zmark, I leave in Cluj, middle of Transylvania/Romania. I have my LCJ90 bought this year in August. It’s a 2001, 3.0l diesel, 163hp. So far no real improvements done, just BFG AT KO2 tires. Normally, I plan for a full IronMan suspension and a 12.000 lbs winch.
Afterwards, we’ll see...

keep in touch!
Zmark

54C834DD-387A-4493-8875-62862B9E9811.jpeg

0CC59CE9-5977-43B0-B608-A98C73BCEF2D.jpeg

6CF6996A-FDF8-4507-9C97-30B08E687AC4.jpeg

7BDAC6D5-885E-435B-8635-EE493F6A435F.jpeg

B7B46209-F9E5-4D32-9A00-1191B6FEBA40.jpeg

Hi guys,

This is my 95 series Land Cruiser Prado. It's a 2000 model GXL, 5VZ-FE V6 petrol/gasoline engine, A343F automatic transmission. It has 380,000km on the clock. Auto trans was rebuilt a few years ago but I don't think the engine has been touched. Only a few mods so far mostly done by the last owner:
- Towbar w/ electric brake controller
- Upgraded suspension (but not lifted)
- Alloy bullbar
- Mag/alloy wheels
- UHF CB radio

I got this second hand mainly as a camping/getaway vehicle, we have a very old camper trailer and go camping every school holidays, I also use it to go to work a couple of days a week.

This is it loaded up to go home from a camping trip.

Thanks,

RAdventureWagon

prado.jpg

I've introduced myself already on mud elsewhere, but I guess I should post in the right place, now that I've found myself a machine.

I've been a mitsu 4wd fan since 1995 and have had many in that time. Recently we replaced my wife's Pajero Mk3 DiD with a 100 Series for towing our 18 foot trailer in the Rockies. I'll be keeping my Pajero Evolution no.581/2500 but I started wondering if perhaps I should replace my daily driver SWB Mk3 Pajero with a smaller Land Cruiser?

A few months later, here I am about to pick up a KZJ90. It will indeed replace my daily driver SWB Mk3 Pajero DiD auto, because I really missed shifting my own gears. And I believe I found a gem - a 1999 SWB with 95k kms on the odo, and almost perfect inside and out, according to the vids and pics. Bonus: it's a manual transmission! Bringing it home this Friday.

Plans will be to get it ready for some big summer trips, while keeping it capable and still practical for my daily drive (about 160 kms round trip). This might involve a roof rack, bullbar, and snorkel. Also dual batteries, onboard air, etc.

truck1.jpg

Hello, i am Benny from Belgium and i drive a LC 90 KZJ automatic with the 1kzte engine. Factory rear locker ,285/75/16 Mud tyres.
2 inch Pedders suspension,handmade side bars,winch.

IMG_20171101_122049.jpg

Last edited:
Bill From Ontario Canada

My LC 90 is getting prepped for the boat so just broker pix

3.4 with the Auto and 106K/km

BG653147_342ee3.jpg

Hey guys ... I’m new to the site ... I have a 40th anniversary fully loaded leather 97 ... having trouble finding the window belt mounding ... need for the 3rd row too... helpppp!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hey guys ... I’m new to the site ... I have a 40th anniversary fully loaded leather 97 ... having trouble finding the window belt mounding ... need for the 3rd row too... helpppp!!!

View attachment 2244886

View attachment 2244888
Welcome to the site, but you have an 80 series, post in the 80 section you’ll have more luck there, try the search function over there before posting so you don’t get flogged

Hello everyone. My name is Luis and I'm from Portugal.
I bought a 1999 Toyota KZJ95 with 366000km, 8 seats, 1KZ-TE engine (125HP, without intercooler) and manual gearbox.
IMG-20190116-WA0000-1.jpg

To drive mostly in corrugated gravel road, a bit of sand and light mud tracks, sightseeing around the country, maybe go to Marcoco.
Made an all fluids change (gearbox, differentials, engine), filters change, a/c radiator condenser replaced and recharged. Timing belt was be changed at 300000km.

Planned repairs:
  • Dashboard rattle. Is out there a good tutorial to fix this problem?
  • Wheel's arch extension profiled rubber
  • IMG_20200321_141142.jpg

• Brakes are OK but a bit mushy (don't remember if the brake fluid was changed), so a bleed or something more else got to be made
  • Hand brake lever is already at his maximum adjustment, thinking in buying dogbones/handbrake strut upgraded part to fix this common issue
  • Tires need to be changed, thinking to change size from 265/70/R16 to 265/75/R16, maybe some Falcon Wildpeak A/T3W
  • Shocks also need to be changed (standard originals shocks and springs installed). Maybe take the opportunity to also change the 20 year old springs. . My budget is about 1000€ for the shocks or maybe 1400€ shocks + springs. Don't need a lift but it seems difficult to get springs standard height, so a 2" lift maybe the feasible option.
I'm open to any recommendations and advice's!
Thanks in advance

Hello, first post here. I'm Rick, from Norway. I've recently bought a 96 j90, diesel, manual.
It has few minor issues, and rust :D

I've owned several Jeeps before getting the LC, I thought it was time to become wiser :D

Hi all, I am Pedro and I am from Portugal. I have recently acquired a 1996 KZJ95 with 300k km. It is quite good and already with some very interesting overland mods (2" OME lift, intercooler, powerchip, snorkel, double slide drawers, water pump and hose, snorkel...). I want to change tyres (these are done) and would like your advice, but I'll create a post for that purpose. Wish you all the best!

1603130906079.png

Hi all, I am Pedro and I am from Portugal. I have recently acquired a 1996 KZJ95 with 300k km. It is quite good and already with some very interesting overland mods (2" OME lift, intercooler, powerchip, snorkel, double slide drawers, water pump and hose, snorkel...). I want to change tyres (these are done) and would like your advice, but I'll create a post for that purpose. Wish you all the best!

View attachment 2469817
Olá Pedro, também tenho um kZJ95 e recentemente também coloquei pneus novos.
A minha opção foi um pouco forçada pois os meus pneus estavam nas últimas e com um furo e falta de stocks local para 265/75R16 fui para os BFGoodrich KO2, opção relativamente cara. Nota que também legalizei no DUA a nova medida dos pneumáticos.
Já andava a pesquisar por pneus à bastante tempo e vi centenas de reviews de pneus All-Terrain, Híbridos e Mud/Lama de vários países (USA, Austrália, Russia, Espanha, Nova Zelândia, América do Sul, etc) e cheguei às seguintes conclusões:
Marcas
Actualmente todas as boas marcas têm bons pneus em todas as gamas. As marcas para o mercado português que me parecem mais interessantes são: BFGoodrich, Cooper, Toyo, Maxxis, General Tire, Yokohama.
Tipo/Modelos
Tu é que tens de decidir o tipo de pneu, All-Terrain, Híbridos (mais agressivos que All-Terrain) ou Mud/Lama tendo em conta o tipo de uso que vais dar ou por simplesmente questão estética. Os modelos depende do tipo que queres/preferes. Uns são mais baratos e podem fazer um pouco de menos quilómetros mas o preço pode compensar, novamente ligado ao estilo de condução.
BFG KO2, BFG KM3
Cooper Discover AT3 4S, Cooper Discover S/T MAXX, Cooper Discover AT3 LT, Cooper Discover STT Pro, Cooper Evolution MTT
Toyo Open Country A/T, Toyo Open Country M/T
Maxxis não me lembro o nome dos modelos
General Tire Grabber A/Tx, General Tire Grabber X3 ou X2
Yokohama Geolander vários submodelos

Na minha opinião o tipo de pneu/uso é tua escolha mais difícil, de resto qualquer uma das marcas ao melhor preço possível.

Hi Guys,
Been here for a while but with a HJ61 (86-2007) in France and a UZJ100 (2007-20015) in Canada.
Back in France for 5 years (what a mistake ! another subject...)
LC90 never looked to me as a sexy LC but I bumped last year on a very good deal with an excellent price/condition ratio and since I have to admit I discored a pretty good LC, not too big for Europe, not to small, good engine... well, you know what I mean.

Not a daily commuter, I plan no Xtreme offroading but traveling and bivouac. It's been already used as an assistance truck while riding off road the Alpes and Pyrenées (2 wheels rally like trip) and yes... it's a real Land Cruiser
Already AT/KO2, 2nd battery (Origin Spain, only one big battery) and fridge equiped.
Next step is to be able to sleep inside while carrying moto stuff, but a snorkel, a winch and supension upgrade would be nice

IMG_20181201_223931-L-L.jpg

IMG_20181201_224017-L.jpg

1996 Prado "colorado" 95 series in the USA. First year this body style is eligible. RHD, Turbo Diesel, 5 Spd. Looking for places I can source upgrades for this series that ship to the USA. Looks like Central America has some options but I'd love to hear any feedback. Will post pics after the snowstorm blows over.

1996 Prado "colorado" 95 series in the USA. First year this body style is eligible. RHD, Turbo Diesel, 5 Spd. Looking for places I can source upgrades for this series that ship to the USA. Looks like Central America has some options but I'd love to hear any feedback. Will post pics after the snowstorm blows over.
Hello Erik,

I owned a 2001 KDJ95 in Spain for 17 years before moving back to the US and I miss it each day but it made no sense keeping it there until I could bring it over. The 90-series are exceptional vehicles and I too was waiting for them to become eligible as I feel it is an exceptional platform and I'd love to bring one over.

When seeking, you must take several things into consideration. The 1996 to 2001 models came with a 3.0 turbodiesel with 125 cv. Starting in 2001, the engine was improved becoming the 3.0 D4-D 163 cv until the last year/months of production when it was again improved with the evolution of the engine of 172 cv that would power the upcoming 120 series. The 125 cv is a little underpowered for my taste although a great improvement over the engines of the previous 70 series while the 163 I had was, IMHO a perfect compromise of power and consumption (although the later 172 cv I am sure would've been great when I'd been towing).

For you to recognize the 125 cv from the 163 cv from exterior photos, you can first look at the wheels... if it is a 5 spoke, it is a 125cv and if it 3 spoke, it is a 163cv. Another way is the rear muffler as the 125 shows a straight exhaust facing towards the back while the 163 has the tip of the exhaust facing toward the floor. 2 basic equipment levels were offered; GX and VX. The GX version didn't have the plastic trim over the wheel arches that the VX had which makes it easy to identify quickly. The most important difference between the GX other than and was a less "luxury" version being the lack of a rear differential locker. The VX version was more refined and had the rear locker as standard equipment although the plastic wheel arches were the only thing that would get on my nerves as the rear pieces would easily break from the tabs upon even the slightest impact.

If you want to source from Europe, I am sure you will find plenty of vehicles in all markets. Many of those from Spain and Portugal are quickly picked up by those further north as they like that in the temperate climate cars don't suffer from inclement weather salt and abuse so common further north. Many others are sent to Eastern Europe, northern and sub-Saharan Africa, and the middle east. I'd say 80 % of the Spanish 90 series were bought by urban families and most are in pretty good shape. When selling, I received many calls and most were from people wanting to export it to developing countries and offering below market value. I take very good care of my rides and I sold my 2001 VX trim with 345k km for 7k euros and I reckon you could buy a good example around the same price nowadays. If you decide to import, I would definitely do a complete mechanical review before shipping as the costs in Spain are much lower than what I've seen in the U.S. and the quality and workmanship is excellent. I can give you references of many dependable and professional mechanics, administrative services for handling paperwork, body shops, and Offroad suppliers in the Madrid area as well as in the Barcelona area if you need it.

Let me know if you have any questions that I may answer. I hope your project goes through

RUTA  DEL CUERO01 (2).JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom