New 70 Series V8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New cruiser

Hi there

As some one as already mention in a past post

Its been a aussie way of life for some time now - the guards have been reshaped and were are we now going to put our drinks.

I am just curious are they still going to keep the 6 cylinder range - it would be a big downfall within the mining industry if they do. Just to clarify we have no need for a big electronic complexed engines, our vehicles U/G are locked in low range and only three gears (top speed of 30-40km/h)

I work in the mining industry in SA "Australia" and we are hearingswhispers Nissan may be replacing our fleet of Tojo's (due to the possible 6 cylinder range being dropped) - I seriously hope not.

Well would love to hear your views.

Wayne

Hi there

As some one as already mention in a past post

Its been a aussie way of life for some time now - the guards have been reshaped and were are we now going to put our drinks.

I am just curious are they still going to keep the 6 cylinder range - it would be a big downfall within the mining industry if they do. Just to clarify we have no need for a big electronic complexed engines, our vehicles U/G are locked in low range and only three gears (top speed of 30-40km/h)

I work in the mining industry in SA "Australia" and we are hearingswhispers Nissan may be replacing our fleet of Tojo's (due to the possible 6 cylinder range being dropped) - I seriously hope not.

Well would love to hear your views.

Wayne

The new engine replaces the old turbo diesel due to the new emission laws. I am not sure if the 1HZ engine will pass the laws, I doubt it, the utes and troopies always get a detuned engine compared to the road wagon, so same engine I expect, but less power. I don't know what Nissan are doing to meet the new emissions, maybe their 3 litre already passes are can be tuned/modified to pass. Only problem with the 3 litre I hear is it staying together,(turbos?) I know they fixed some probs with it but it appears others may be surfacing from a few posts I read, (only a few posts though).

edit Do I spy a air intake on the bonnet?:smokin:

Yeah Rosco ,you hit the nail on the head. The 1st landcruiser to have a bonnet scoop:D
2070202.003.1L.jpg

The new engine replaces the old turbo diesel due to the new emission laws. I am not sure if the 1HZ engine will pass the laws, I doubt it, the utes and troopies always get a detuned engine compared to the road wagon, so same engine I expect, but less power. I don't know what Nissan are doing to meet the new emissions, maybe their 3 litre already passes are can be tuned/modified to pass. Only problem with the 3 litre I hear is it staying together,(turbos?) I know they fixed some probs with it but it appears others may be surfacing from a few posts I read, (only a few posts though).

Im cautiously hopeful those without bonnet scoops have the 1HZ.
Im guessing the scoop is for the intercooler on the V8 so if it needs it all V8 model should have one.

Nissan are about to make the mistake of the century by discontinueing the 4.2 diesel in their work horse models before they sort out that 3 litre TD .
The 3 litre seems to over fuel or get more boost from the turbo when under load causing piston(s) to shatter. Then the compression in the engine blows the seals and gaskets out emptying the engine of oil very quickly.
Not a pretty sight:rolleyes:

Usaully happens about 30000+klms out of warranty:D Nissan mechanics are banned from talking to customers about it but some reckon that all pre 2001 model will grenade before 200000klms.

I just hope it has airbags, or we'll be getting Datsuns:crybaby:
We're not allowed to drive 79s over 50kmh anymore due to lack of airbags.
Getting more Hoonluxs, as well.

Matt

An interesting spec levil, that white ute in post #39.
Fog lights, but split rims and 2 seats, not 2 and a half.
The la-la antenna is on the wrong side.

Matt

Cool pics
Horray!!!! Return of the accessory power terminal.
But........
where does the aux battery go?

The new sticker for the V8 diesel and some engine bay shots.
I probably wouldnt lose any sleep if those silver FG flares got ripped off wheeling:princess:
Looks like its got electronically controlled injectors
Toyota v8 diesel tray back.jpg
Toyota v8 diesel engine2.jpg
Toyota v8 diesel engine1.jpg

i find this pictures in another forum, i love the oem snorkel,
as always toyota forever.

full regards
2070202_003_mini3L.jpg

They will most probably the same "variable vane type" as on the 3.0l Hilux!

make sence dude .. you are right !

Does Toyota sell crate motors? :frown:
I want one.

mmmm maybe if we make a 10 motors list .. ! ha !

I thought I don't gonna see it .. Toyota selling crate motors .mmmm but who knows !

mmmm maybe if we make a 10 motors list .. ! ha !

I thought I don't gonna see it .. Toyota selling crate motors .mmmm but who knows !

Not here anyway. A friend enquired about getting several 1UZ-FE's (Lexus V8), not at any price apparently :frown:

Cheers
Clint

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom