New 70 Series V8 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm 100% sure that it was a lc79....and yes with the new front. I can't be sure, however, if it was a diesel though since I only saw it for about three seconds and I didn't get a chance to see the hood. Anyway I'm just glad to see that we are going to get them here in Panama! I wonder how much Ricardo Perez is asking for them?

BTW, I was on my way to Tocumen early one morning a few weeks ago and I saw a bunch of cruisers on the side of the road that looked like they were on their way to Cerro Azul. Maybe it was you?

Suerte

As Rosco pointed out to me, i never thought of it all the V8s have a bonnet scoop for the intercooler. There is still a 6 cyl option for some countries but OZ and NZ only have the V8s. Emmision standards dictating that i would think. Our diesel is not that flash here so I am suprised they bothered, then again perhaps thats why they did. Anyway good for our market, awesome trucks.

I'm 100% sure that it was a lc79....and yes with the new front. I can't be sure, however, if it was a diesel though since I only saw it for about three seconds and I didn't get a chance to see the hood. Anyway I'm just glad to see that we are going to get them here in Panama! I wonder how much Ricardo Perez is asking for them?

I have a buddy in RP that saw theire gonna ask more than 40K for those with the V8, but as Welby point I'm still thinking they gonna start first here with the 1HZ engine .. and maybe a few special orders with the V8, coz the diesel quality it's a issue here.

BTW, I was on my way to Tocumen early one morning a few weeks ago and I saw a bunch of cruisers on the side of the road that looked like they were on their way to Cerro Azul. Maybe it was you?

Nap I don't think so .. my Tencha was out of the body shop for a short while .. like 3 weeks actually so I haven't time to finish some details ..

But this group take a heavy trip to Union Santeña .. you can see the pics in the Club Forum ..

http://www.4x4panama.com/foros

cheerss, !

Job Done.... well pretty much done. A few little extras to add. PRS radio from the old truck, and a rated recovery hook for the front, and maybe a winch later on.

Photo below with new bars, which are a factory bar. Really happy with the end result, although they are a little low under the step. There is a strength member from the bar that bolts to the chassis the same point as the gearbox support/mount. However they are very strong, and stiff which I am hoping will stop some dents. Will of course be pretty carefull about where I go!!. Been out last weekend, ( 4th outing) with the local club, truck very impressive remaining in 3rd low on some pretty steep stuff, of the 10 other trucks nothing else would do the same.

Enjoy the pics

new truck mod.jpg

Mark's Cruiser tussock 1.jpg

Mark's Cruiser onto track 2.jpg
new truck mod.jpg
Mark's Cruiser tussock 1.jpg
Mark's Cruiser onto track 2.jpg

I second that, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

Woou!

Nice nice nice .. but where is the video to listen this beyotifull V8 !

Thanks guys, but unable to help with the sound , really sorry just do not have the required technology. :crybaby: Besides it just don't sound like a V8 from outside, pretty much the same as the 1HZ, but a little busier due to extra pots I spose. Very quiet worker when on the move from the outside, (not that i have heard it, but have had some comments) It does sound like a V8 on the inside, :) that deep V8 rumble, that gets a little more urgent the higher the revs. Not that i have been high, have not gone over 3000rpm, there is just no need unless you want to break the speed limit. Speed limit here is 100klm per hour, and thats 2100rpm in 5th. Does pretty much all I want it to do at max of 2000rpm.

Thanks for the comments, I'm pretty happy with the way it has turned out. Looks good but retains its functionality

:cheers:

Commmon mate ... a simple digital camera in movie mode bring to us this video !

Can you take a pic of your dash .. to see your tach .?

Commmon mate ... a simple digital camera in movie mode bring to us this video !

Can you take a pic of your dash .. to see your tach .?

I could do a video, but my digital camera does not have sound with the video clip. How do you post a video??

I could do a video, but my digital camera does not have sound with the video clip. How do you post a video??

Damn .. ! I wan tear this V8 sound !!!! :frown:

If you get the video you can uploat it at youtube.com :D or any other web video server ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom